Recent content by asnell1955

  1. A

    THR Failed THR

    Thank you so much for your advice, i am seeing my Surgeon today
  2. A

    THR Failed THR

    Thankyou so much, the information is much appreciated
  3. A

    THR Failed THR

    Hi, I am 7 years R and L THR, I have pain Left outer hip area on walking and wake most nights in severe pain, relieved by going on to my back, the x-ray shows femoral stem loosening. I will see my Surgeon next week and I am wondering what will happen at the consultation, also has anyone lived...
  4. A

    THR Constant knife like pain

    Hi all Jamie sorry for confusion I'm not good with technology still old school but to clarify my Tthr Sept 16 Lthr Jan 10th 17 . To update you my X-ray shows no fractures or major damage to implant , I have Naproxen anti inflammatory and pain meds , I will rest and ice though the meds...
  5. A

    THR Constant knife like pain

    Hi I'm in desperate need of advice! It's 4 months since my LTHR and up until 8 days ago I was doing great walking pain free after second replacement. My Consultant discharged me and said no restrictions and that I could ride my bike , so last Sunday I did so and in hindsight I was stupid...
  6. A

    Nervous Wreck Pre-op

    Thanks to all who've read and posted posative info/advice , you guys know more than him re the whole experience and I agree it was a very unprofessional comment , I actually feel annoyed that he made this statement and the effect it had on me being of a nervous disposition. Kind Regards and...
  7. A

    Nervous Wreck Pre-op

    Hi I'm 3 month post-op right THR now going in for left THR. I had spinal/no sedation and it went well however I'm really nervous about my next surgery on 10th Jan! My physio said many patients say they have a worse experience 2nd time round. If he'd known I cancelled 3 times previous and had...
  8. A

    Here we go

    I'm going in today for THR put this off many times terrible worry pants Any advice welcome I can't carry on just sitting not living , onwards and upwards , Good Luck on your journey you guys , Angie
  9. A

    2016 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    My day has come I've put off 3 times I'm so scarred , will be going in teatime and pray to God all goes well , Good Luck to you all and God Bless Kind Regards Angie
  10. A

    Today's the day

    Hi I haven't been here for a while but want you guys to know today I'm going in for THR after pulling out 3 times I'm a nervous wreck , but this is my last chance so I'm biting the bullet ! I'm having Spinal and don't want sedation , anyone so close ? I DO want MY LIFE BACK I put on lots of...
  11. A

    Scared stiff !!

    Oh hun ,well that says it all ! You're now on the other side and doing great I am on full steam ahead now thanks to lovely people like you offering words of encouragement and your personal experiences , roll on 30th April I say ! Keep up the good work my hippy friend. Best Wishes ..
  12. A

    Scared stiff !!

    Hi and thank you for advice, sure is exhausting isn't it ,and excruciatingly painful, I will visit my GP and discuss,how are you now and are you glad you had THR ? Thank you again ,Angela :old:
  13. A

    Scared stiff !!

    Hi guys, I hope you're all doing well at what ever stage you're at , I have a new op date for 30th April and this time I pray I'll be fit for surgery, however my level of pain is so much worse and I fear getting out of bed due to a constant stabing pain down the outside of my hip with each step...
  14. A

    Scared stiff !!

    Hi guys just to inform you my new date is 30th April, I will be login at regular intervals to check on your progress, please keep posting when you feel up to it , stay focused you're all doing great ! Healing thoughts to the Bonesmart Community :flwrysmile:
  15. A

    THR I'm Here!

    ps I've got a flu virus so op cancelled ;(
Back
Top Bottom