Hello any and all who do a search for hip revisions due to impingement(like I did)!
I'm almost at the 1 year anniversary of my revision and have been thinking of the Bonesmart forum and how desperate I was to find anyone else who'd had my experience. I used to haunt the Facebook hip replacement...
Thank you @Layla and @danelady for checking in and the good wishes!
So here I am 7 weeks post-op. First thing, I'll say that my experience to date has been in line with what so many say: revision recovery takes longer. I really am so glad I read that in so many places-otherwise I'd have been...
Hi hbl-I'm so sorry you're going through this. I think I can safely say I know how you feel; if you check my thread you'll see I've gone through the same journey-I could have written your last post word for word. My partial tenotomy was in August 2020, followed by a couple of weeks with just...
Thanks Layla! You're right-and I know I'll feel like singing show tunes when this device and the staples are gone! Still looking for the right balance of pain meds and anti-constipation meds, but getting there. This morning I decided I've probably been under-medicating a bit and it's not doing...
Hello everyone-well, I’m home! My surgery took about 3.5 hours and I spent three nights in the hospital. At the point of surgery the anesthesiologist came by and told me I was getting general-that was a surprise. Both my previous replacements had been spinal with sedation. He said since this...
Thanks! Yes, it is validating. I've spent years wondering what exactly was going on, although the original surgeon did say he thought it was likely the cup placement(which he said he felt he had to place as he did given my hip configuration-and he did do a stellar job on my other hip...
Thanks, Layla! I'll be grateful for any and all encouragement! By the way...am I posting in the right place? If not I know you'll steer me right. My surgery is on 8/17/22; Left hip revision. The original surgery was done 7/2018.
My revision surgery is next week! I just had my pre-op with my PCP with lots of xrays taken for my surgeon. Here's a detail: my cup protrudes 1.7 cm, which explains the pain in my groin that's never gone away. I have a lot of faith in the expertise of my surgeon, so here goes-!
Latest update: I went to see the surgeon who does revisions last week, referred by the doctor who did my partial release(which ultimately didn't help)in 2020. He's also the head of the ortho dept. there. He had more xrays done and went over my last MRIs and xrays with me. He says the cup edge is...
Hello Golfer-I hope your recovery is going well and that this is a good week for you-and I have an extra-special interest as I'm mulling over revision surgery due to a cup overhang issue myself. I too have had several years of frustration with PT, Xrays showing "everything looks great!", etc. So...
Hey all-here’s my annual (lol!) update: I finally went in to see the surgeon who did my partial illiopsoas release in summer 2020 for a followup. Where I’m at-still same as last year this time: the pain in my left hip/groin still the same. After another injection and some xrays, she and her...
Hi all,
It's now been exactly 6 months since my partial psoas release. I'd thought about updating sooner, but the news wasn't great, and so I waited. I also had a followup visit with my surgeon scheduled for December and wanted to wait for that. So, what's happening at the moment is this:
I...
Hello! and thanks for asking! I haven't forgotten about this forum, which has been so much help to me. At one month post-release, I'm still wondering what the eventual outcome will be-it's a work in progress.
I started outpatient PT two weeks ago(despite my coronavirus fears, the facility seems...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.