Recent content by AprilM

  1. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    @Kmhark - That's rough. The physical therapist I saw in the beginning left me feeling like absolute garbage, like I wasn't pushing myself enough, etc. I reached 90° and just could not seem to bend any further. My OS basically told me I had to decide before I was 12 weeks post-op for him to do a...
  2. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    I'm pretty sore today, but it was totally worth it. I've been feeling like I'm on cloud 9 since my appointments on Tuesday, but even more so today :D
  3. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    I WENT HIKING YESTERDAY!!!! Apologies for the caps but I am super stoked. I'm sore as can be today, but I went hiking yesterday for the first time since before my surgery!! My son (17 y/o) and I took our 3 dogs hiking yesterday, at my request because I was feeling pretty darn good yesterday. We...
  4. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    It's been several months since I shared any sort of update. Well, I have a HUGE update today! I have still been having the nerve pain and no feeling in my left foot ever since the TKR-Left on December 7, 2015. The ortho surgeon that did the surgery insisted that it was a pinched nerve in my...
  5. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    I always ice after injections. Prior to the left knee being replaced, I had gotten the injections in both knees when they were still once a week for 5 weeks. :) I just bruise easily.
  6. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    First I'd like to say I am now 1 year 2 days post-op!! Now... I have news! My appointment with the ortho surgeon that did my knee replacement had x-rays done so that we could look at them when he came in to see me. The knee looks great. Like seriously, it looks great. We talked about how I...
  7. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    Yep, I plan to. He's closed this week, so I'll be calling first thing Monday morning. Fingers crossed!
  8. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    It would also explain why my left foot is always so terribly cold while the rest of me is not.
  9. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    After being almost a year post-op from my knee replacement surgery, I might finally have answers as to this problem with being unable to feel my left foot and, much to my surprise, it might not be a nerve issue at all! I have a physical therapist and a physical therapist in training working...
  10. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    My apologies. I couldn't find it for some reason, which was why I had started the new one. Thank you for answering my question though! Time to bring out the electric blanket from the closet :D
  11. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    As of the 7rd of this month, I am 9 months post-op from having had my left knee totally replaced. The temperatures are starting to drop. I usually use an electric blanket to help me not feel like I'm freezing cause wow I get cold quickly and struggle to warm back up without it. I haven't started...
  12. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    The ortho I saw last week just called. He said the blood tests came back normal and that there is no sign of infection from those. He was also finally able to get the MRI stuff from the doctors out here from a month or so ago and is going to be having THEIR back guy look at them for second...
  13. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    I am supposed to find out Tuesday what the results of the blood tests are. There is a part of me that is hoping that it is an infection and that meds to clear it up will help. I'm trying to stay hopeful but dang it's getting harder and harder to.
  14. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    First of all... I sat in the waiting room for TWO HOURS waiting. My appointment was scheduled for 4:00. I didn't get called back until 6:00. X-rays were done and those went quick. Sat in the room waiting for the doctor for another 30 minutes. My time with him was roughly 20ish minutes. I didn't...
  15. AprilM

    TKR Questions

    Just wanted to drop by and say I have my appointment with the new ortho in 3 days.
Back
Top Bottom