Recent content by Annk

  1. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    Good day I hate to say but still having pain and stiffness. The pain is on both sides of the knees (both) and it is muscle pain. I also get some nerve pain too. I hate to say this but I am still very disappointed with both surgeries. I saw my surgeon a few weeks ago and he looked at the X-ray...
  2. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    I am seeing small improvements but still experiencing pain and stiffness. I am still icing and elevating and taking pain meds. Also walking 10 minute walks and recumbent bike 10 minutes at a time. I tried not doing anything for a few days and still had pain. Some of my concern is random...
  3. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    Thanks. What is frustrating for me is is that I will have a few days where pain levels are lower and then have a day with flare up. Yesterday was a very bad day with lots of pain. I try to look back on previous activities to see what could have been caused flare up but didn’t see anything...
  4. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    Today is 2 months post op of my TKR. Saw my surgeon this week and he said the knee looked fine. They don’t do X-ray until 3 months. I am still having pain and stiffness. Still not sleeping great due to pain. I am still taking OTC pain meds every 4 hours and occasionally Tylenol 4 which has...
  5. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    When I referred to mild exercises this 10-20 heal slides, leg lifts and a few squats.
  6. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    Thanks for your encouraging message. I just wish the pain would subside soon.
  7. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    Also wanted to ask if cupping is safe on side of knee at 1 month post surgery.
  8. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    Today is 1 month post op TKR. Still having significant pain and stiffness. I am frequently icing elevating. I am doing mild exercises and walking about 10 minutes x2 times a day. Still taking extra strength Tylenol during day and night. Sometimes taking Advil too. My concern is my inner knee...
  9. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    Today is 3 weeks post op. Still feeling exhausted but doing small walks outside approximately 10 minutes. Weather is getting nice in my area now so it felt nice to get outside in the sunshine. Still having pain but tolerable with icing elevation and pain meds. I am still feeling light headed...
  10. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    I had my 32 staples removed today. Wasn’t too bad, a couple of them really hurt but overall not too severe. This evening I am having a lot of pain probably from going out for the first time. Very exhausting My flexion was only 61 should have been 70 at 2 weeks but maybe now I can work on...
  11. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    I am finding I am exhausted most of the time. I am not able to do much around the house. I am getting up to move around several times of the day but am napping most of the time. The pain meds just make me so tired and foggy. I am still on my blood thinners so not sure if I can resume my...
  12. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    Thanks for your encouraging words. I just find I am a bit older now and my pain tolerance is lower than when I had my first knee done. I will say this I am glad to be on this side of recovery.
  13. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    Sorry meant Hydrmorphone Tylenol 4 is a brand name in Canada Tylenol with Codeine.
  14. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    I am taking Hydromorphine 1 mg every 4 hours and Tylenol 4 every 2 hours. I can’t tolerate anything higher as it makes me too nauseous. In the hospital they tried morphine and that made me quite sick.
  15. A

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    Good day. Pain is still bad but when I take meds they help along with icing. There are pain spasms but seem to be controlled. I am still really stiff and not getting much ROM but I keep working at it. Today is day 10. I remember better ROM with my other knee at this stage so that is a bit...
Back
Top Bottom