Recent content by Annie's

  1. Annie's

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Hello susanlanc! There are a number of us yoginis on BS including BarbaraR and keepridingforward...we're all having slightly different experiences with going back to yoga after THR...I had an anterior approach and don't really have any doctor's restrictions but muscle weakness in that leg has...
  2. Annie's

    THR Did Your Hip Deteriorate Quickly???

    I had anterior as well...just been lucky with the front muscles, and stupid with the back! I'm very happy with the surgery as well, just a little surprised at how much the arthritis and then the surgery affected the surrounding muscles...but it's getting there!
  3. Annie's

    THR Did Your Hip Deteriorate Quickly???

    Elosarabrab. Glad to hear it is going better than the first! Must be a relief to have it all behind you, but you have had one heck of a year... BarbaraR. Yeah, going back to yoga has been much harder than I expected. That forward move from dog was terribly hard, and I just kept trying it...
  4. Annie's

    THR Did Your Hip Deteriorate Quickly???

    Elosarabrab. Congrats! Sorry I missed your second op date! Is all going well? Hopefully now you can get on to a complete recovery! I have been thrilled that my other hip has actually settled down dramatically since my first surgery...obviously the bad hip was throwing it off badly...
  5. Annie's

    THR May 15, 2013 Recovery has begun

    How kind of you to be posting for your hubby! The moderators will send you lots of good links to info shortly, but in the meantime, congrats on being such a supportive spouse, and keep us posted! Sounds like all is going quite well...maybe he will be up for checking out the forum himself...
  6. Annie's

    THR newbie hipster :)

    BarbaraR....gentle is definitely the operative word! Thanks so much for sharing your yoga progress...it is just so reassuring....I have been practicing the bound angle pose with a block supporting both things, but I will try it with the bolster tomorrow...that will take some of the pressure...
  7. Annie's

    THR newbie hipster :)

    One more question for my dear yoga hipsters, BarbaraR keepridingforward , the pose that is really tough is reclined bound angle pose...sitting up and doing it is no problem, although my knees no longer touch the floor! but when I try to do it lying down, it hurts substantially...in the...
  8. Annie's

    THR newbie hipster :)

    BarbaraR keepridingforward Great to hear from you both, and to hear that all is going well! Barbara, are you back to a regular Iyengar class? And Jen, congrats on the hot yoga! I am FINALLY finished with my backsliding, I hope! Finished up the PT for the glute issues last week, and back...
  9. Annie's

    Revision THR RTHR Anterior 4/17/13 -- RTHR Revision 5/8/13

    Wow, so sorry to hear about your ordeal! But hopefully in a few months you'll basically be back where you would have been with the initial surgery...this surgery and my minor setbacks have taught me that wisdom (and patience!) do not necessarily come with age! We will all be thinking of you!
  10. Annie's

    THR From Knee to Hip

    Welcome back pb2388! I've started back swimming after my RTHR and it is the best! My surgeon does not want me running again, EVER, UNLESS I'm about to get hit by a bus, so had to find an alternative and swimming seems to be it...kayaking is a snap again...you will be very happy in a few short...
  11. Annie's

    THR newbie hipster :)

    Oops, sorry keepridingforward! Don't even remember my own thread at this point! Got everything removed this afternoon and just have a swollen and very numb foot! But my doc said it came out very cleanly so hopefully will be fine...go back in 2 weeks for stitches and final report...BarbaraR...
  12. Annie's

    THR newbie hipster :)

    Sigh, guys, here to whine a little...found out Friday afternoon that a mole on my foot that I had biopsied last week has 'severe atypical cells'...apparently too close to actual melanoma for comfort...so I'm going in tomorrow afternoon to have a chunk taken out of the top of my foot...very...
  13. Annie's

    THR newbie hipster :)

    Yes! We are ALL slowly moving forward! I went to a very gentle class and meditation session last night and felt great...my PT finally got it through my head that my glutes are extremely weak, and gave me some specific exercise goals that I have to reach before I try any flow lunges and that...
  14. Annie's

    Yoga after THR

    Josephine....I'm actually only about 5 months out, so still being cautious, but looking forward to the future!
  15. Annie's

    THR newbie hipster :)

    keepridingforward. BarbaraR. Yoga was WONDERFUL this morning! Just went to a very gentle class, but felt great and no pain! What a spirit booster! AND climbed the ladder up to our roof about six times - we garden up there - trying straw bale gardening this year, so started to feel like...
Back
Top Bottom