Recent content by Annie11

  1. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    @thecoll You are doing good - no worries...it will come in time. :console2: You had some setbacks - same thing happened to me with my first knee (which was also my left done back on 4/11) I am still not 100% on that knee - my ROM was always poor and I think we only got to 103 a few weeks ago...
  2. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    @thecoll Hi Colleen, I'm doing pretty good - how are you feeling?? I was thinking about you and wondering how you were doing ...then seen your latest recovery post - your ROM is going great!! :egypdance: I've been lazy since leaving PT a few weeks ago LOL They gave me the list of things...
  3. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    Great article and so true. I remember going back after first knee and I was exhausted. Sometimes I don't sleep well. I did only one day per week at first, then gradually worked up to 3 days. Seems funny but it helped. Took me several weeks to get back into the swing of things. My main issue...
  4. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    Ok thanks for the advice! :) I've been pushing my right knee and it's been swelling some on the side. My left still has some pain w ROM and is the one holding me back some. My right is the quad issues. My walking and energy has improved and I'm starting to feel "normal" lol I finished PT...
  5. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    Seen my OS yesterday- everything looks good and he said I can discontinue PT after next week. Yay!! He wants me to start using the recumbent bike at home more ...pedaling around 30 minutes per day & that's the only exercise he's recommending. Currently, I still rock for 10 mins then go all...
  6. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    Preparing for my 6 week checkup tomorrow on right knee. The PT measured my ROM ...about 104 degrees- not much of change other than in strength. It's still a little swollen and sore. Not too bad :) My left knee still seems to be an issue - only 95 degrees now at 5 1/2 months. They said they...
  7. Annie11

    TKR On the other side of surgery

    @thecoll. Hang in there Colleen - you'll get there! :) Remember everyone is different, every knee, every surgery....it takes time. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. Annie11

    TKR On the other side of surgery

    Good Luck in PT today Colleen!! :) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    Yes, scars are a badge of honor...:) I have a 5 yr old Grandson who was over here a few weeks ago & out back he said "Mom-Mom, chase me!" LOL. I was telling him I'm sorry hon I can't run - he's like, Run as fast as you can - c'mon do it do it -go! I was laughing- so we showed him my scars &...
  10. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    @greatlakes Thanks! I always wear long pants too! I figure it is what it is at this point. I had my left knee done back in April & then my right 5 weeks ago - my legs are really ugly - have some bad varicose veins too that have gotten worse with surgery :/ Sent from my iPhone using...
  11. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    @birdwatchr My mother in law grew up in Camden too then moved to Moorestown. South Jersey is a nice area... I'm doing okay today - I think I did a little too many steps, my sciatica is bothering my legs. 5 weeks out on 2nd knee & I just want to be able to do everything! :) How are you doing...
  12. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    @BBCG Oh small world!! I just moved here about 3 years ago. Im actually from PA (all over Bucks County) and went to Bensalem High School then lived in Langhorne, PA Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    @thecoll. Thanks! I had some setbacks this week. My sciatica flared from overdoing in PT and leg aches and swelling started again. I only went twice, resting more. My knee still tightens up and steps are difficult. (Always have been for me). When I go down basement I have to go down...
  14. Annie11

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    Hi BBCG - yes I was on 4 laxatives/stool softener a day plus Milk of Magnesia, didn't help! Very scary. I have stomach issues which I think makes it worse for me. I've been eating more fruit & vegetables now but the main thing that helped was reducing the pain meds.
Back
Top Bottom