Recent content by Annie LTKR

  1. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    It’s my sixth month anniversary so I thought I would check in. My LTKR is doing well overall and ROM has slowly improved and I am getting back to the gym. My opposite outer hip is giving me loads of pain now so having a scan tomorrow to see what’s going on. Occasionally I forget that I’ve had...
  2. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    Sports massage was excellent and has loosened my hips and back which were very creaky this morning!
  3. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    Here’s my four week update. Still struggling to sleep for more than two hours at a time as I wake up so stiff and achey on my operated leg. So I get up have a potter around and stretch. Off for a sports massage today to see if that helps. Overall I am much less stiff when walking but this...
  4. Annie LTKR

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Hope this gets sorted quickly, must be both painful and frustrating. I hope today is a better day and lots of healing occurred with your new medication.
  5. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    I’ve been icing my hips and back and then used a hot water bottle through the night which helped!
  6. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    Dear @luvcats, Thank you for your positive post. Distraction is definitely the name of the game. I think I’m used to a busy mentally challenging job and being physically active. These factors don’t fit well with enforced rest and icing, even though I am doing it. I’ve had a lot of back and hip...
  7. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    @Jamie I’ve never really cruised but that’s a good idea. Thank you so much for the idea I will have a look online!
  8. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    Ok I’ll look but not book and see how it goes!
  9. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    Think we will end up hiring a house with a pool if we go away so can just potter if I’m not up to big days out. Nothing is booked yet and we get cheap flights so I will be sensible and not go if I am not up to it! My husband has been on a promotion course, had all his summer leave cancelled and...
  10. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    Feeling rough this afternoon. Knee hurts , hips hurt and back hurts. I hate sleeping on my back but everything goes numb if I lie on my right side with two pillows. Resting is dull, my brain is foggy, can’t drive and live in the countryside. Anyhow I’m going to try and be positive and focus on...
  11. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    Think I need more than two weeks holiday in October now !
  12. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    Thank you so much @luvcsts will look up Estes Park, Elk bugling sounds fun! My husband is now away until Tuesday, daughter is working long shifts saving for University. Son is away visiting friends so just me and my snoring dog at home. Can’t wait to drive but have three weeks left before I am...
  13. Annie LTKR

    Revision TKR Elaine’s slow-as-a-snail revision recovery

    Hope you are feeling ok. This forum was so comforting when I had my TKR as I’m was woefully unprepared. Reading true recovery stories made me feel less isolated. Thinking of you! Ps please can you tell me what exactly a cliff diver is?
  14. Annie LTKR

    TKR Ladyala recovery

    I really hope that you manage to go on holiday with no more incidents! Sounds like you & your husband all need a well deserved break and you need to arrive there rested not swollen after an uncomfortable journey. Good luck and I hope you get some pampering during your break.
  15. Annie LTKR

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    That sounds idyllic! What’s a cliff diver ? Is it a cocktail? I’m off to investigate....
Back
Top Bottom