Recent content by amynewleftknee

  1. amynewleftknee

    TKR TKR September 2

    She’s recuperating at my place for the first couple of weeks! We’re sisters!
  2. amynewleftknee

    TKR July 6 Successful Right TKR

    I’m trying the Icy Hot with lidocaine tonight. Fingers crossed it works!
  3. amynewleftknee

    TKR July 6 Successful Right TKR

    Oh, me too! Thanks!
  4. amynewleftknee

    TKR July 6 Successful Right TKR

    It flared up last night kind of early do I wrapped the ice and slept well the rest of the night!!
  5. amynewleftknee

    TKR July 6 Successful Right TKR

    Thanks! I have been doing some walking-1 mile, and keeping house. I do go to PT, but it’s not too stringent- stretches on stairs, easy squats, and walking to side with weight being pulled from waist. And knee area massage.
  6. amynewleftknee

    TKR July 6 Successful Right TKR

    I’m wondering if I wrapped it at night if that would help. Any ideas?
  7. amynewleftknee

    TKR July 6 Successful Right TKR

    Okay, I have had three horrible nights. I’m 9 1/2 weeks out and my knee hurts so badly at night I can’t sleep at all once it wakes me up. I cut back on walking and cleaning activities for the past 2 days and upped Ibuprofen and even took Tylenol PM last night, yet still woke up. I’ve also been...
  8. amynewleftknee

    TKR oregonlass post TKR - bionic accomplished

    It is hard to depend upon husbands for jobs you’re used to doing. I wrote very detailed directions for my morning coffee, but everything else was his way! I’m 8 weeks out tomorrow and at 5 weeks he injured his back and I’ve had to assume most of our responsibilities since then! Cooking, taking...
  9. amynewleftknee

    TKR July 6 Successful Right TKR

    Thanks! Makes sense!! I drove over to see some family. The drive was over three hours! Not to mention the walks and stairs involved!
  10. amynewleftknee

    TKR July 6 Successful Right TKR

    Now I’m almost seven weeks post op and my ankle is swelling on my new knee leg. Any ideas why that is happening?
  11. amynewleftknee

    TKR Tightness around knee?

    I’m six weeks out, too and still have tightness and it’s warm at times. It also still hurts around patella.
  12. amynewleftknee

    TKR June TKR newbie

    One position that’s comfortable for me is on my back with the heel of my recovering leg hanging just off the edge of the mattress. It’s a new position for me. But my knee is comfortable with it!
  13. amynewleftknee

    TKR Muldoh’s one year old TKR!

    Our recoveries sound similar! I’m five weeks and three days. I have had PT the entire time- three weeks at home and now I’m on my second week of outpatient. But my knee clicks, swells, and feels warm to the touch. I spend much of my day elevating and icing, then trying to walk around and...
  14. amynewleftknee

    TKR Left TKR Oct. 2013, this is really bad

    Acetaminophen is part of Norco. That was my prescription!
  15. amynewleftknee

    TKR July 6 Successful Right TKR

    My surgery on Monday was successful. I was discharged on Tuesday. But my pain meds were not strong enough. I started with a prescription for 50 mg of Ultram. I was in agony. (Also the PT at the hospital had me do lots with my new knee here.) I called the doctor Wednesday and the Ultram dose is...
Back
Top Bottom