Recent content by amy’s mom

  1. amy’s mom

    THR on 11/14

    Well, I have survived and am doing well! I ended up needing an extra day in the hospital because I couldn’t pee and my leg kept swelling. I still have problems with the swelling around my ankle. I have progressed to the cane and it is working quite well. My PT guy is good and very helpful...
  2. amy’s mom

    THR on 11/14

    Since it is now after midnight, my surgery date is tomorrow! November 14th. Need to be at Tampa General at 7am, surgery set for 10am.
  3. amy’s mom

    THR on 11/14

    The irony of the approaching surgery is not that I have much in the way of anxiety or fear. I don’t. But I am feeling very emotional and tearful. Maybe because I am parting with a part of my body? Anybody else felt like that? Any insights?
  4. amy’s mom

    THR on 11/14

    Well, I am down to 3 more days before the HIP DAY! I can’t wait. If I could, I’d walk into the hospital dancing. The pain is outrageous, even my knee is acting up because I walk so off kilter. Been using the walker for a few weeks now as my balance is off, especially when something gets...
  5. amy’s mom

    THR on 11/14

    Thanks all. What’s an LLD?
  6. amy’s mom

    So tired....

    What’s the 90 degree rule? I am having an anterior approach, does it still apply? I am a Neil here so I hope this isn’t a dumb question. Btw, I can’t believe you got on a horse! I am in so much pain, I can barely get on the toilet!!
  7. amy’s mom

    THR on 11/14

    Hi. I’m Amy’s Mom, from Tampa, FL. I am having my hip surgery in a few weeks and have been very busy with all the pre-op stuff. I am not nervous - yet - and can’t wait to get my life back. I am a pretty active 66yo who has been sidelined for over a month, waiting for my doc to tell me...
  8. amy’s mom

    2017 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    I am Amy’s Mom and I am having a right THR on 11/14. I am in so much pain and cannot walk very much at all. I can’t wait to get my life back.
Back
Top Bottom