Hey everyone! Wanted to send an update. This past monday was my 6 week post op appointment with my surgeon! I can't believe it has been 6 weeks. If you don't remember here is a recap. In February I dislocated my left hip replacement and on March 7th I had revision surgery where my new surgeon...
Same pain medication and dosage, it's controlling the pain for the most part but it feels different than the replacement. They also lengthened my leg and I think that's throwing me off too because I can really tell the difference but won't get a shoe lift for a couple of weeks in of PT and some...
I am now 7 days post op and man it's been a whirlwind of a week! After I was released to go home on Wednesday late that night I started running a low grade fever which figured was normal. By Friday night my fever spiked to 102 so called surgeon and they said go to the ER. So of course they check...
So the pain has been pretty intense. They upped my pain meds yesterday which helped but still hurting.
My surgeon said that he replaced the entire socket and put in a bigger one, he also changed the ball to a bigger ball he said and made it to where I'll have a bit more range of motion to make...
I had my surgery yesterday. The surgeon only needed to replace the socket part of my old replacement. He also did lengthen my leg some. He said he really got in there and fixed everything and should be much better once it is healed. I am still in the hospital have not had my physical therapy yet...
Also yesterday I was completely medically cleared for surgery. So T-minus 11 days till my total left hip replacement revision and leg lengthening! Here's to getting this over with and on the mend. They said that the femoral stem looked good on X-rays and shouldn't need to be replaced but will be...
So my birthday was this past Monday and a good friend of mine got me this "hip gifts" today. Thought you all might like it (the grabber is awesome) and then one picture of a shirt I bought a couple months back.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
I'll tell you guys this. My back hurts pretty bad. I'm on crutches but having to favor my left hip more with this brace on and I can feel that my right hip is starting to ache more now that it's having to carry a little more of the burden. Doing my best to rest as much as possible until surgery...
Trying to catch up on some of the posts that I missed! So luckily for me I am at the point in my school career where I have a little bit of flexibility. I have so many sick days I can take and also have an AMAZING mentor and team. I will be missing at least a month of school then will ease back...
Lol! Josephine I know! Was definitely not insulting your orthopedic knowledge! Got me beat! Yeah I wasn't even thought of when you started ortho lol! I just like to always point out and back up my comments with articles & credible info websites it's a habit that my PhD mentors are drilling into...
@Josephine I do get you were thinking of my best interest and I appreciate that, but I do feel confident in him. I posted that on an emotional day (all of this has hit me hard emotionally) its just inconvenient among other things. BUT Looking back my surgeon was referring to the leg length...
I think my active lifestyle probably did play into it. Being so young I forget I have fake hips and do too much. But I think the leg length discrepancy is the real problem as well. From what I can tell that's what my surgeon was getting at. It's longer enough than my right one to have caused...
@Josephine I feel like I am trying to have to defend my surgeon lol I just want you to know that my replacement apparently is messed up and needs revision. Most likely like you and I talked about was that something was wrong before the dislocation. I could tell that my left hip was different...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.