Recent content by amb3k9

  1. A

    THR 36 yo in recovery

    Update: THanks for the support on this forum. Will be 6 weeks tomorrow! I am still using 1 walking stick as a walking aide but often don’t need it. What most bothers me at this point is a muscle pain in groin, likely illeopsoas muscle. If I sit for more than 5-10 mins, then it is hard to get...
  2. A

    THR 36 yo in recovery

    Doing fairly well. Having standard muscle pain in groin and glutes. Weaning off pain meds and almost completely off controlled. Also having some deep anterior mid thigh pain, but I think that is normal in this acute bone healing phase
  3. A

    Hip Resurfacing Advice needed still having issues 2 years later

    Just curious if any Emg or nerve conduction study on superior gluteal nerve was done? That feeds glut medius and minimus in this area. If unsure or thinking neuro related may be worth pursuing to make sure those branches are firing appropriately. I am not concerned with metallosis given these...
  4. A

    THR 36 yo in recovery

    POD 8 now. Seemed to really turn a corner yesterday and was able to use walking sticks around for mobility. Only took 5 mg x1 of oxy at night but otherwise only Tylenol and Celebrex. PT again today and may take some more before my appointment to be as useful as possible. Muscle still pretty weak...
  5. A

    THR groin pain 6 months after surgery

    Some decent ortho literature out there about good pain resolution with ileopsoas tonotomy if causing conflict with hip flexion. Obviously concern is some weakness but in most case series minimal loss and great pain resolution. This is likely much preferred if conservative treatment fails and...
  6. A

    THR groin pain 6 months after surgery

    At this point could be many things but given your description consider ileopsoas conflict with the prosthesis. This sometimes rubs on the bottom of the acetabulum in certain positions. This has to be confirmed clinically and by X-ray with the doctor but could fit your pain profile. Don’t want...
  7. A

    THR 36 yo in recovery

    Started PT yesterday, was able to bike for 5 mins but I don’t have any strength at all in my glutes at all. Can do straight leg raise or lateral or posterior at all. Still really early, still some swelling and still fairly painful with movement. Hopefully those muscles wake up soon It is...
  8. A

    THR one week post op

    Also a young gun on this forum, 36 yo with posterior approach on oct 24th. For young patients we tend to over do it too fast and have more demands from the hip In general because usually the other joints are in pretty good shape. My OS liked ted hose so still got those on and xeralto for 2...
  9. A

    THR 36 yo in recovery

    Dressing is still in place until day 7, so have not taken a look at it. Staying on top of pain meds and walking further everyday. Went around an entire block on POD 3 but I think that is over doing it a little. Still having quite a bit of weakness with the hip flexors which wasn’t in the area...
  10. A

    THR Toddlermom, a double hippy at last

    Hope recovery going smoothly, ted hose are not stylish but good to use. I think anything mechanical to prevent clots is a positive as this complication can really set you back or be life threatening. As you may know, you will need help to put these on or there are some extended products to help...
  11. A

    THR 36 yo in recovery

    So again, doctors often make worst patients and I was successfully discharged from hospital yesterday despite a more eventful surgery. I felt good enough to walk out (with walker support) to the car. Was trying to decrease use of oxy with recovery and have done pretty well so far but went to...
  12. A

    THR 36 yo in recovery

    So I’m in dermatology. Different field completely but I’m more likely to be critical of the scar line Will hopefully walk more today and then home. Thanks for support!
  13. A

    THR 36 yo in recovery

    First night of sleep is probably hard but ice is your best friend. Also I’m a physician myself so bring on the patient side is interesting. We make the worse patients for sure... but I think it is going smoothly so far. Gonna walk again further on a few hours is my goal
  14. A

    THR 36 yo in recovery

    Thanks! Will dose up this first night to maybe get a little sleep.
  15. A

    THR 36 yo in recovery

    So I have lurked around these forums for a while. Quickly, I’m a 36 yo male with history of severe hip dysplasia that wasn’t discovered until I was 32. Got bad enough where signicant qol issues and pain daily (and nightly). Well pulled the trigger today and in recovery. Didn’t go exactly as...
Back
Top Bottom