Recent content by amackness

  1. A

    TKR Amackness on the mend!

    Thanks, Jamie! Appreciate you keeping me straight here. T Thanks Chihuahuan! Put some vitamin e on and its feeling better (but sticky). I'll check out the arnica gel. Appreciate your help.
  2. A

    TKR Amackness on the mend!

    Hi, everyone. 7 weeks post surgery on Monday. I went back to work 2 weeks ago and am doing well. Physical therapy (especially the bike) was hard at first, but is now no big deal. I'm at 115 degree flexion (with some pain) and I'm working toward 120. Questions for the forum - I still have...
  3. A

    TKR Amackness on the mend!

    Well, today is 2 weeks post surgery. Happy to report that I've progressed to the cane and find I really don't need it when I'm walking inside the house. Almost no pain and PT is going well. I see my surgeon tomorrow to remove my stiches and take the bandage off. Sleeping is also SO much...
  4. A

    TKR Amackness on the mend!

    Way to go, Smartchoice! Sounds like you are really on the mend now! Sitting normally is huge!!!
  5. A

    TKR Amackness on the mend!

    Thinking about you, Jozilla. How did you come through your surgery? Will continue to send you loving thoughts. Hopefully you'll get "sprung" tomorrow!
  6. A

    TKR Amackness on the mend!

    I am so sorry to hear that you had such horrible pain! Others in the hospital with me had similar issues. My surgeon implanted a little extra cocktail which kicked in once the spinal wore off. After that, I DEFINITELY used both the dilaudid and the oxyduring the night of the first day, but...
  7. A

    TKR Amackness on the mend!

    Hi, everyone! Start of week 2. Swelling is down considerably which helps, and pain during the day is well managed with extra strength tylenol. Still take the harder stuff at night - hard to find a really comfortable position to sleep in. Getting better each night though I must say. Got to...
  8. A

    TKR Amackness on the mend!

    Thanks! This is hugely helpful. I was beginning to despair!
  9. A

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Bonnie, I am so sorry for your loss. What an awful thing to happen. Love to you my Dear!
  10. A

    TKR Made it to the other side~! :-)

    Way to go! So are you home now? How has that been for you?
  11. A

    TKR Amackness on the mend!

    A question for my recovery buddies. Still need a lot of help lifting my surgery leg. REALLY hurts to do these lifts. Is this normal? What are others experience in being able to do these unassisted?
  12. A

    TKR Amackness on the mend!

    Hi, everyone. Wanted to share my journey so far with you all. Surgery went well. I was surprised at how long I was in recovery from spinal and "Micheael Jackson" cocktail. You have to be able to feel your toes before they will release you to your room. With a spinal that can take awhile...
  13. A

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Thanks, Elaine! Sounds like we both have good surgeons.
  14. A

    TKR The Knee Team journey begins!

    Smartchoice, glad to hear you are on the other side. Sorry about the pain you're experiencing. I go in on Monday, and have really appreciated your positive attitude AND your honesty in sharing your recovery "realities." Take care of yourself!
  15. A

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    A question for all you bonesmarties. I had a meeting with my OS yesterday to sign the consent forms for next Monday's surgery. I asked him if he uses staples or stitches to close and he answered stitches. I was joking with him about removing the stitches like my granddaughter just had done...
Back
Top Bottom