TKR Amackness on the mend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone. 7 weeks post surgery on Monday. I went back to work 2 weeks ago and am doing well. Physical therapy (especially the bike) was hard at first, but is now no big deal. I'm at 115 degree flexion (with some pain) and I'm working toward 120.

Questions for the forum - I still have considerable swelling. Is that normal? Also, does anyone have a good way of dealing with itchy and sometimes achy scars?
Your knee is 8 days older than mine! I'm using Vit E oil for my itchy scar and I rub in Arnica gel around the knee. Mine get's more itchy when it's covered. I find ice and elevation are still my best tools….
 
@amackness ... you may notice that I have merged your three recovery threads into your original one. We prefer that members keep their recovery updates, questions and concerns in a single thread. This helps us if we need to go back to see what has gone on in your recovery as well as what advice has been given. In addition, a single thread enables others to read your recovery story as a journal of your experience. So please post here from now on if your subject is related to your recovery. If at any time you would like a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
 
@amackness ... you may notice that I have merged your three recovery threads into your original one. We prefer that members keep their recovery updates, questions and concerns in a single thread. This helps us if we need to go back to see what has gone on in your recovery as well as what advice has been given. In addition, a single thread enables others to read your recovery story as a journal of your experience. So please post here from now on if your subject is related to your recovery. If at any time you would like a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Thanks, Jamie! Appreciate you keeping me straight here.
Your knee is 8 days older than mine! I'm using Vit E oil for my itchy scar and I rub in Arnica gel around the knee. Mine get's more itchy when it's covered. I find ice and elevation are still my best tools….
Your knee is 8 days older than mine! I'm using Vit E oil for my itchy scar and I rub in Arnica gel around the knee. Mine get's more itchy when it's covered. I find ice and elevation are still my best tools….
T
Thanks Chihuahuan! Put some vitamin e on and its feeling better (but sticky). I'll check out the arnica gel. Appreciate your help.
 
Thanks, Jamie! Appreciate you keeping me straight here.


T
Thanks Chihuahuan! Put some vitamin e on and its feeling better (but sticky). I'll check out the arnica gel. Appreciate your help.
It is sticky but has staying power! I find that as the day progresses I switch over to knee shorts --cools my knee down and stops some of the itchiness. Thankfully it's warm enough here to do that :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom