Recent content by amab

  1. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    A little late in posting about my 1 year mark for my Right hip replacement. I ended up doing a few weeks of PT in Jan/Feb that resolved the IT issues. I’ll follow up with my surgeon in September for a 1 year post op visit for both my right and left hips. All good so far. My brother is a week...
  2. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    My new right hip is 6 months old today! No complaints with the hip at all; my left hip will be 3 months in another week; I have developed some right knee pain; my best guess is an irritated IT band; the replacement of my right knee was the easiest of the two; so, since my hips are better and...
  3. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    2 months today; have gotten back to my pre surgery distances for my swims and walks; took care to build back up to those slowly; just some tired legs and muscles but no hip pain!!
  4. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    6 week post surgery visit today; x-rays confirmed the new hips are solid!! There’s a small difference in the size of femur implant from my left compared to my right hip; the surgeon had shared my X-rays with other colleagues. X-rays of my knees were taken as well; ROM in my left one is much...
  5. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    Back to the pool today for the first time since surgery……hips were tight; shorter yardage obviously; will slowly rebuild stamina; see the surgeon a week from today.
  6. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    Wow! It has been a month! Fortunately it went quickly without any set backs. Nice walks yesterday and today; area around the incision/scar is a bit tender….sensation of stinging. Assume that’s merely the healing process. Only meds at this point is the aspirin twice a day and ibuprofen as needed.
  7. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    4 weeks post surgery today; hips improved so walked today. Hope to start back swimming on Monday.
  8. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    Well, maybe I’ve tried to do too much too soon? ODIC??? With the joint pain gone I’ve started getting back into my exercise routine (minus the swimming) and taking care of some fall maintenance here at the house. So, my hip muscles were very sore this am-skipped gym time. Helped some but sore...
  9. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    Oh, I forgot, in my 9/21 post I mentioned I was eating like a horse!!! Well, the scales confirmed this….up a few pounds; hopefully the increased activity will help getting the weight back where I prefer.
  10. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    3 weeks out from surgery yesterday; seemed to turn a corner of sorts yesterday, seemed to have a bit more strength in my hip so walking was easier; still take it slow down our sloped driveway; got back to the gym on Monday and then again this am; treadmill walk at slow pace; then some strength...
  11. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    Post Op went well this afternoon. Dr pleased with the results so far. Will have another follow up in 4 weeks. Ok to drive, use cane as needed; plan to get back to the gym next week…..still no lap swimming for at least 2 more weeks; Incision is good, still some scabbing in a couple of spots. The...
  12. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    I’ve been fortunate (again) with this LTHR…..felt well enough last Thursday to ride our mower….so that’s the photo of my rehab activity a week post surgery!
  13. amab

    Bilateral THR Tomgho’s Bilateral THR Journey

    Wow! Bilateral THR!!! That’s a challenge but you seem to have made progress!! Hang in there…….(my surgeon would only do one hip at a time, I’d asked if he’d do bilateral)…..Keep moving as you can and ice, ice, ice……..
  14. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    Off line for a couple of days….no issues to speak of; my surgery was the anterior approach and my thigh muscles are very sore, seem to be more sore than with my right replacement in June. Will see the surgeon on the 27th for the first follow up; I’m eating like a horse!! Did some reading and...
  15. amab

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    lol, I remember Mr. Gardiner posting in my TKR threads days!,
Back
Top Bottom