Recent content by Alice Nutter

  1. A

    TKR RTKR February 12th Recovery thread

    6 months post-op, more or less, and this is where I'm at. I still have that tight clunky feeling, but no pain, and am able to do almost everything I wish to do. The knee remains slightly swollen. I would love to be more agile, but I am 67 after all, and I was never agile in the first place. The...
  2. A

    TKR RTKR February 12th Recovery thread

    It's not elegant, my getting up and down off the floor. But then it never was....
  3. A

    TKR RTKR February 12th Recovery thread

    Thank you! Yes, ever onwards, ever upwards. I had another week of unexpected babycare which meant a lot more walking on hard surfaces than I am used to, and a lot more lifting and getting up and down off the floor. The overall result was good. Tomorrow I'm setting off on a solo longish...
  4. A

    TKR RTKR February 12th Recovery thread

    Don't be me. I am three and a half months out from LTKR. I have been using an exercise bike on minimal resistance every day since about week 3 to get my knee moving after sleeping or sitting for a long time, and about six weeks out I thought it would be a good idea to introduce more resistance...
  5. A

    TKR ACIM

    There's a pain management app called Pathways which I have found very helpful on and off before during and after hip replacement and knee replacement. The free tier was adequate for me. It teaches techniques for not letting pain dominate you.
  6. A

    TKR RTKR February 12th Recovery thread

    I had my three-month follow up yesterday with the surgeon herself, and basically she agrees with y'all at Bonesmart. It all looks fine, the swelling is inflamed tissue, not fluid, and will or will not subside, function is good, x-rays good, the bone has grown into the cementless new knee, keep...
  7. A

    TKR RTKR February 12th Recovery thread

    Where I'm at now, at 3 months? I can do more or less all the things I want to do, just less of them than I might like. So when I swim, not as many laps as I was doing before surgery. When I walk, especially on uneven ground, not as far or as frequently. When I ride my motorcycle, not for as...
  8. A

    TKR PO 6 Months TKR stiffness & pain

    I just looked up what CrossFit actually is - I'd heard of it but didn't know what it involved. I agree with Layla; it really looks like this isn't suitable two or three times a week at this stage in your healing, and that seems to be what your body is telling you. It's hard - we all want to get...
  9. A

    TKR RTKR February 12th Recovery thread

    I was remembering this morning when I initially injured my knee about a hundred and fifty years ago when I was young and stupid. I had a complicated meniscal tear and ended up having surgery, and was in a cast from hips to toes for six weeks. By the time the cast came off, my right thigh was...
  10. A

    TKR RTKR February 12th Recovery thread

    @benne68, the short answer is yes. Thank you for asking. I just wrote this on Another knee forum.... 12 weeks post-op, Some Lessons I have learnt 1) Don't kneel on hard surfaces. Just don't. I did, and it took me a day or two to work out that while it hadn't hurt badly at the time, that was...
  11. A

    TKR ACIM

    I'm wondering if you could get some help moving the gear you would need to work from home? That way you could better accommodate your knee's needs (try saying that in a hurry) when you have to start up again.
  12. A

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    You and I had our operations around the same time - mine was February 12th. A birthday party and a wedding shower IS a lot of activity, and that activity counts as much as formal exercise sessions. If it helps, I am doing very little PT now - some stretching to improve extension, and idly...
  13. A

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    The first time I went back to church after the op I came out saying "Wow! I didn't realise how many times you have to get up and sit down during a service until now." Plus standing can be exhausting.
  14. A

    TKR RTKR February 12th Recovery thread

    67F, RTKR, 10 weeks post-op. For a week I had to step in and take care of my 10 month old granddaughter because my daughter was unexpectedly hospitalised, and therefore had very little time to do anything formally for my knee, because OMG, baby. I managed to get in a few stretches, but to be...
  15. A

    TKR RTKR February 12th Recovery thread

    8 weeks post RTKR. Two weeks ago I got the okay from the surgeon to ride my motorcycle, and yesterday the weather and spare parts gods finally aligned and I rode it home from the garage. Twenty minutes. I could have done a bit more, but not much more. The knee felt a little tight on the...
Back
Top Bottom