Recent content by Algarve46

  1. Algarve46

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    I am now into week 11 since surgery and at week 5/6 the tight feeling across the front of my knee started and pretty much stopped any real progress with ROM as it was impossible to get past the pain of the stiffness when bending beyond a certain point. It was only in week 9/10 that I noticed any...
  2. Algarve46

    TKR Algarve46 coming over from pre operative thread

    @Sara61 I'll drink to that. Enjoy your "top down" driving as summer is definitely on the way.
  3. Algarve46

    TKR Algarve46 coming over from pre operative thread

    @Sara61 Good to hear that you are finally getting back to normal although 4 hours at Mar shopping sounds like punishment to me. I have been really lucky with my physio, who has a very gentle and sympathetic approach and never pushes me beyond where I am happy to go. However, I find it helps me...
  4. Algarve46

    TKR Algarve46 coming over from pre operative thread

    5 weeks after LTKR surgery and another small milestone reached yesterday when I was able to drive the car again. :loveshwr::loveshwr: My wife is delighted as she is no longer required to be my personal chauffeur. ROM and extension still not brilliant as there is still a general stiffness and...
  5. Algarve46

    TKR Algarve46 coming over from pre operative thread

    Had 4 week post-op x-ray and check up this morning. Surgeon seems happy that all is as it should be and says swelling should subside and quad muscles start to work without pain in next 4 to 5 weeks. Does not need to see me again for 6 months. Still a lot of work to be done to get the knee fully...
  6. Algarve46

    TKR Algarve46 coming over from pre operative thread

    @Sara61 My surgeon prescribed "Descontran", which he said would help relax the incredibly tight quad muscle so that I could get extra motion in my knee without such severe pain, which is limiting what I can achieve at the moment. I am still only able to get about 80 degrees flex before the pain...
  7. Algarve46

    TKR Algarve46 coming over from pre operative thread

    Day 14: Had the closure staples removed from the surgery wound yesterday and the surgeon seems happy with the way it is healing. Not so happy that I am unable to bend my leg as far as he would like and I had to ask him quite firmly to stop kicking my foot to try to get more flex. The problem is...
  8. Algarve46

    TKR Algarve46 coming over from pre operative thread

    Seems my last post went astray somewhere in the ether. However, having got through all of my hospital discharge tests they let me out yesterday, one day earlier than expected, and how wonderful it was to sleep in my own bed after 4 nights in the really uncomfortable hospital bed. Things have...
  9. Algarve46

    TKR Algarve46 coming over from pre operative thread

    Apparently surgery all went well yesterday and my apprehension about having an epidural proved to be totally unfounded. However, being a total wimp with all things surgical I'm really glad I opted for total sedation, meaning I heard and saw none of the action. As they left an epidural canular...
  10. Algarve46

    TKR Algarve46 coming over from pre operative thread

    Sorry to be a "numpty" but can one of the moderators open a LTKR post operative thread for me please. Algarve46 coming from pre operative thread. Thanks.
  11. Algarve46

    TKR Just signed up for TKR

    @Sara61 Many thanks Sara. The weird thing is for the last couple of days my knee is the best it's been for quite a while. No pain and walking without the usual limp that I have become accustomed to. However, I know I am doing the right thing as I have had the same thing happen before but...
  12. Algarve46

    TKR 2nd knee, 2nd recovery

    @Sara61 Great News. Onwards and upwards. It's good to hear you are back on the wine and I thank you for the recommendation of Monte dos Perdigões, which is delicious. To return the favour I think you may like "Pioneiro" a full bodied red from Setubal. It's available exclusively at...
  13. Algarve46

    2022 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    LTKR surgery scheduled for 24th March 2022
  14. Algarve46

    TKR Just signed up for TKR

    Just in case I need to be re-assigned I thought I would let you know that I now have a date for TKR surgery of 24th March 2022.
  15. Algarve46

    TKR 2nd knee, 2nd recovery

    :yes!::spin::dancy::cheers: Stick with it and don't forget "All things in life are temporary" and you are almost certainly heading for a better level.
Back
Top Bottom