Recent content by Al Zymers

  1. A

    TKR Cococay in pre-op

    The only issues I have had with that recommendation is that most men old enough to have a joint replaced, usually have some prostate issues as well at that age. The issues may not be severe, but they do get worse over a period of years and they might have to have a prostate procedure after...
  2. A

    TKR Cococay in pre-op

    " The third area would be urologic issues. In men who have an enlarging prostate and urinary problems, where they are already having bladder dysfunction, many of them will say, "Well, I'll have my prostate taken care of after my prosthesis is put in", and that is really the wrong way. If the...
  3. A

    TKR Cococay in pre-op

    I have had the very same questions concerning infections. I have wondered if the new knee would become a "magnet" for infections after a joint replacement. A lady I work with has had both knees replaced - the last one about a year ago. She says she gets cuts and scrapes working in her garden...
  4. A

    TKR Cococay in pre-op

    Is your surgeon planning on doing the surgery on an outpatient basis, where you would likely go home the same day? If a hospital stay is not needed, then the surgery will likely stay on schedule. I am bone on bone also in my right knee, and sometimes I get a jab of pain when I take a hard step...
  5. A

    TKR Cococay in pre-op

    I live alone as well, and although there are many comments from others who live alone and had few problems, I have wondered how I will make out after surgery. Pets need tending to, laundry, etc. Do your parents live close enough to help with things if needed?
  6. A

    TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

    I noticed increasing discomfort in my bad knee the last couple of days and that just happened to correspond to a weather system coming into my area, so I thought I would ask to see if that was normal. Thanks for your response. I was primarily asking about the knee before surgery. I noticed...
  7. A

    TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

    Even though we already have severe osteoarthritis, can rising humidity or lower barometric pressure make symptoms worse, such as stiffness and pain?
  8. A

    TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

    And I have the utmost compassion on those who have severe pain and have to wait excessive lengths of time to finally get the surgery they do need.
  9. A

    TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

    The person I spoke with in the office just kind of left it up to me to decide when I might want the surgery. One thing about my situation is that although I have severe OA, and bone on bone, and my right knee joint is misaligned, I am not really in any pain. It is sometimes bothersome when I...
  10. A

    TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

    Thanks!
  11. A

    TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

    Surgery on 10th cancelled due to skin rashes.
  12. A

    TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

    Thanks for clearing that up for me!
  13. A

    TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

    My OS told me that they would use medications in the knee to help with pain before release. Do these medications, such as Exparel have the same effect as a nerve block, so that you would have no sensation or feeling in that leg that would make it difficult to walk? Or would it just numb the...
  14. A

    TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

    I finally set up PT with another provider who also normally does PT only two times per week. I do think three times is a bit excessive. I will have to travel 45 minutes each way twice a week, so I hope that won't be too uncomfortable. If it is, I will consider doing the therapy at home, with...
  15. A

    TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

    Hi BM, Sounds like you had a very good outcome with your surgery. I can only hope mine goes as well. I am still trying to schedule PT after my surgery, but I still have to wonder exactly what the therapist can do that we can't do on our own if we are motivated. I have talked to several of my...
Back
Top Bottom