TKR LTKR In Two Weeks

I experience increased stiffness and pain when the barometer drops, or snowy/rainy weather. With time
my symptoms have decreased significantly. I feel it the most if the barometer drops really fast.
 
I have wondered the same thing- are you referring to before TKR?
I guess I never thought of it occurring afterwards- ? I don’t know the science behind how weather can impact joints but it does certainly seem to be related- at least prior to any fix such as knee replacement.
Have you decided when you want to reschedule your surgery?
 
Last edited:
Yes it can and I can assure you without watching the weather forecast I can tell when the weather is going to change. Years ago someone told me that I pretty much said they were full of it now years later I can definitely say its true.
 
I experience increased stiffness and pain when the barometer drops, or snowy/rainy weather. With time my symptoms have decreased significantly. I feel it the most if the barometer drops really fast.

I noticed increasing discomfort in my bad knee the last couple of days and that just happened to correspond to a weather system coming into my area, so I thought I would ask to see if that was normal. Thanks for your response.

I have wondered the same thing- are you referring to before TKR?
I guess I never thought of it occurring afterwards- ? I don’t know the science behind how weather can impact joints but it does certainly seem to be related- at least prior to any fix such as knee replacement.
Have you decided when you want to reschedule your surgery?

I was primarily asking about the knee before surgery. I noticed today that not only the bad knee, but the good knee is a little sore as well as one wrist and one elbow, so I am convinced it is the weather.

I have a skin condition to clear up before I try and reschedule surgery, but I hope to be able to wait until the first of the year.

Yes it can and I can assure you without watching the weather forecast I can tell when the weather is going to change. Years ago someone told me that I pretty much said they were full of it now years later I can definitely say its true.

There is a lady I work with that has had both knees done, the left one about a year ago. I asked her today if she was experiencing what I was, and she said both of her knees were hurting the last couple of days.

I was glad to know that my bad knee was likely not getting worse, it was just the change in the weather.
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom