Recent content by Akshia

  1. Akshia

    THR My recovery...

    Thank you all, @DeepBreath, @shiv01, @GIMPY GAL. I have lived with chronic pain for a very long time and I cannot remember a time I haven't. It was just a constellation of things coming together in my life that made me consider surgery including the inability to travel which I love, inability to...
  2. Akshia

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    It's drug related steven-Johnson looking at your palms.
  3. Akshia

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    Please get a list of what you got in the hospital and when you are well enough see a good allergist preferably university based. The second reaction was more intense than the first and the next one can be even worse. Oral membranes being affected is never good and ur gi system was also affected...
  4. Akshia

    Revision THR I have 4 questions, I could sure use your feedback!

    I really enjoyed reading your post-op journey. Yes, there are makings of a tv script here and you are living in the right area to pitch it to some producers. Happy healing...I'm glad you have finally got rid of the "third wheel" . It's just you and the hip now
  5. Akshia

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    Hope you feel better today! Agree with Kim, it's all the drugs, stress, and just disruption in our routine that surgery does...wreaks havoc on our general well-being. Hugs❤️
  6. Akshia

    THR My recovery...

    Day 11: All continues to go well on the healing front. Unexpectedly, had to do some cooking and hosting on Thanksgiving when our friend had to cancel thanksgiving at her house because her daughter became ill that day. I couldn't think of not celebrating Thanksgiving esp for the kids so invited...
  7. Akshia

    THR My recovery...

    Hi all, Post op day 6. Happy thanksgiving to all in the US. Hope everyone is having a wonderful recovery. I continue to work with PT. Had 2 sessions so far but done for the week due to the Thanksgiving break. @DeepBreath and @GIMPY GAL, hope your recoveries are going well. I had a massive...
  8. Akshia

    THR How soon for the other side

    Quite honestly, I'm not surprised that hip replacements are becoming day surgeries. A friend of mind had a "mommy makeover" , boobs, tummy tuck, liposuction, had drains coming out of her with attached bulbs to empty and all after general anesthesia and she was sent home the same day for follow...
  9. Akshia

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    @DeepBreath, good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Thinking of you.
  10. Akshia

    THR My recovery...

    Thank you all for the positive msgs, @forbesy, that was so not acceptable.
  11. Akshia

    THR My recovery...

    Post op day 3: Today I woke up in a better mood. I did have a mini meltdown the previous night and texted my os that I'm not healing well and I had expected to be able to move my right leg at least a little bit in bed. It felt like a dead log. The sweet man helped me get through it and reminded...
  12. Akshia

    THR Now I have four<

    Wishing you loads of luck for a quick easy surgery and restful recovery!
  13. Akshia

    THR My recovery...

    So I got to the hospital at my scheduled time, got to the pre-op holding area and the nurse took a quick history, doc came and marked my right hip and was taken to area where anesthesia was administered. After 5 pokes by the student, tech and finally the anesthesiologist I was off to lala land...
  14. Akshia

    THR Almost 3 weeks post op

    I'm glad the situation is looking better, you must be a wonderful mom with a very kind and generous heart. Stay on top of the pain and your mood will definitely improve. I'm having a few butterflies now, texted my surgeon that he better be getting a good nights sleep because he will be dealing...
  15. Akshia

    THR Almost 3 weeks post op

    @Hoot262 wow, you do have your hands full and recovering from hip surgery, hang in there. Take it slow and easy as you can. Do you think a walker or cane may help to relieve some of the pressure on your hips and decrease the pain you are in? You can also alternate between aleve and a higher dose...
Back
Top Bottom