I'm going to be staying in lots of different hotel rooms, and only one had the option of handicap accessible. I'd better practice on a standard toilet and see if I can lift my leg into a tub. What a bother!
Thanks, @SusieShoes! The more I think about, the more I'm leaning towards three days. My husband and I are going to our daughter's boyfriend's graduation and he is going to propose! Then we travel on to visit my son and dil who are about to have my second grand baby! I've made this long trip...
I had a good day yesterday, so naturally, I'm going forward with my travel plans. I'm doing a loop through the south, and the last segment to get home is about 15 hours. Normally I would break it into two long days, but I'm wondering if I should make it three. Between traffic delays and extra...
Actually, I think I'm a tkr success story! My pain has never been bad, very little bruising and I've been getting around pretty well. When I read about the challenges some of you have faced, I'm humbled. I suppose none of us think we are going to be the one with complications.
I have done my...
Thanks for asking, @katchmo! My stomach is still off, but it is much improved since I quit the digoxin. I am eating normally, but there's an awful lot of rumbling going on down there. I am discouraged about my lack of progress with the pulmonary embolism, but my husband sees improvement. All I...
@katchmo I have been following your recovery and feel we have been having similar issues. I am also regretting this surgery. My knee is okay, but I had a pulmonary embolism and am just not getting better. I thought I would be fine to travel by the beginning of May, as I have a new grandbaby...
@Celle It isn't as reckless as I made it seem. I don't have heart disease. I'm taking a prophylactic beta blocker to help prevent the known benign arrhythmia. In the hospital, the digoxin was described to me as probably unnecessary but more in the spirit of throwing the kitchen sink at me. I am...
First visit to the OS this morning at almost six weeks post op. My bend was 110 and extension +8. He asked if I was going to pt and I said no! He said that's fine either way, and he'll write me a script for it if I decide to go in the future. I don't know if he's just afraid to touch me with a...
The steri-strips are gone! Also, I have gone up a few stairs with the new knee! No pain, just feels weird. @shelli22 Thanks for the compliment! Honestly, it feels like all I do is complain these days. My sainted husband could tell some stories.
My nausea has subsided somewhat and I haven't...
I have a quick question about how long the steri-strips stay on. I got them when the staples came out at two weeks, and they've been there for two and a half weeks. Everything looks dry. They have loosened up on the edges but it stings a bit to tug on them. Wondering if they're simply stuck on...
Thanks, @SusieShoes and @sistersinhim! I am doing small chores around the house and laps around the dining room table! I do laundry (I don't carry it anywhere, tho) and heat up simple meals. I'm not doing any "exercises". I'm sure the surgeon isn't going to weigh in on the meds I'm taking and I...
I am 4 weeks post surgery today, and I think the knee is coming along fine. I have no idea what my rom is, but I am getting around without too much discomfort. I never had the extreme swelling and bruising that I've seen in pictures, thank God! I'm seeing the surgeon this week and hope he...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.