Recent content by abusby

  1. A

    Bilateral THR Thigh Pain after 5 months

    Hello @RB124 I had BTHR 5 months ago and have experienced the pain you describe during the last month or so. Up until then everything was progressing well. The pain is intermittent and is in one or both thighs. It is worse when I stand up after sitting down. Sometimes it is so painful I cannot...
  2. A

    Bilateral THR

    Hi there @doubledip. I had bilateral THR (anterior approach) five months ago. This was my first surgery of any kind so I really had no idea what to expect. I was aware that people who did pre op physiotherapy fared better post op so for 1 year pre op I was very diligent in doing about 4-6 hrs...
  3. A

    Waited 20+ years, but finally having bilateral THR in three weeks!

    Hi there @StaceyJG1 . I see your other Bonesmart friends have already reassured you about the posterior approach! I had anterior approaches but I think you have received great advice not to worry about the difference and trust your surgeon. My recovery was complicated by the fact that I had a...
  4. A

    I have a surgery date for right THR

    Hi @Equestrienne, Just wanted to comment on your name - there seem to be quite a few horsey types on this forum. I had bilateral THR four months ago motivated by my need to ride again. Not quite there yet but still very hopeful!
  5. A

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 will be thinking of you and sending you warm healing thoughts Cynthia!
  6. A

    Waited 20+ years, but finally having bilateral THR in three weeks!

    Hi there @StaceyJG1, I had a bilateral THR four months ago. Had a few challenges but I am certainly glad I got both over and done with at the same time. Feel free to ask any questions.
  7. A

    Bilateral THR Possible Psoas impingement still an issue after 18 months

    Hi there AnnieC, I had BTHR 4 months ago so I can relate to what you are going through. Just wondering how you are doing?
  8. A

    Bilateral THR Possible loosening at 4 months post op?

    False alarm. I just saw my surgeon and had x-rays and he assures me that there is no evidence of any problems. He said just to keep doing as I am doing and come back for reassessment in two months. Thanks to my Bonesmart friends for your support!
  9. A

    Bilateral THR Possible loosening at 4 months post op?

    Thank you very much for your thoughts Josephine. This is reassuring.
  10. A

    Bilateral THR Possible loosening at 4 months post op?

    Hi Josephine, Thanks for your reply. Here is the info you requested. FR2F, GR2F,HR2F FL5F,GL5F,HL5F ARF1-ARF2 (right down the mid line of the two) ALF3-ALF4 (as above) The pain is only present when standing up after either sitting or lying down. It subsides after about 30-60 seconds of...
  11. A

    Bilateral THR Possible loosening at 4 months post op?

    Hi everyone, I had bilateral THR in December 2015. Recovery was proceeding gradually and then a few weeks ago I began having moments of sharp pain over the trochanteric region on both hips. Now, I am having sensations of pain in both thighs but only when I stand up after lying or sitting. The...
  12. A

    Finger/Thumb Trapeziectomy after TKR

    Speaking just from personal opinion I would do this if I could. I just had bilateral THR 9 weeks ago and if I could schedule my trapeziectomy asap I would. I would make this decision just to get things over with as I am impatient to get back to a normal life! (I also require bilateral TKR but...
  13. A

    What a Difference a Year Makes!

    Thanks for posting @Elaine F! It is true that it is fear of the unknown that is the big worry. It is great to hear from someone at the one year mark when it is all behind you.
  14. A

    THR Jomarie58 recovery Begins!

    @jomarie58 Good luck with your driving! One giant step towards independence!
  15. A

    THR Day 5 post op hip replacement

    Hi @Sb7767 It does sound like you had a very rough week! I also had a drug reaction although mine occurred several days post op and required re-admission to hospital. I can feel what you are going through and I can only say that you deserve to be well taken care of and have every right to feel...
Back
Top Bottom