Hi Elsie, how did it go?! I just had my left THR today and am awake through the night here thinking about stuff...! Had my first in 2014 or 2015 my kind isn’t my friend right now
Hi all! I’m getting my second THR (left this time, right THR done April 2014).
I’m getting a different model of hip this time and a bit worried about that, wanted a matching pair but the mini-hip not available where I currently live... Also I’m a single mum of 3 kids age 3-9 and I work full...
My hip feels like there is a phone inside it which is on vibrate. It is driving me insane!
I have a mini-hip (4 component stubby stem) replacement done (in UK, Mr Villar) 2 yrs ago when I was 36 yrs old. I'm currently pregnant but it's my 2nd pregnancy post op (4th overall) and no issues like...
Thanks Alexthecat- I think being deconditioned is my biggest hurdle frankly.
However my husband (sports science graduate!) and his friend (Physio) are determined that yoga is the worst thing ever for my hips both old and new. Basically I don't know enough to contradict them...! But it felt fine...
Hi there, if this is the wrong place for this question please let me know admin ;)
I had a THR 9 months ago and in the early days I followed Physio advice etc and did the daily exercises.
Then life with two small children took over and I stopped them but I didn't start any other exercise.
I...
Thanks Josephine and Me2 for the answers and descriptions- only just saw them for some reason!
I definitely knew what they were draining as they re-infused it!! Maybe that's why I felt queasy!
THR 'Mini hip' Right, due to developmental hip dysplasia.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
I am 3.5 weeks through wearing them now- I can do it..!!
Everyone- at this stage could you technically sleep on your side/ were you allowed to? I'm finding it hard to lie on my back but advice from where I had surgery (UK) conflicts with advice here (Singapore). In fact in conflicts on...
Why is the sliding redundant? Physios in both countries have said to do it as part of day-to-day warm up for the hip...
And how lucky you are with the drain removal! All the 'real life' hippies I've met have had the same or worse experiences so I was worried that was the norm! (Already thinking...
Thanks all! So, in the UK I got stockings, IV blood thinners and then injecting Clexane into stomach, and now sent home with a blood thinner tablet (rivaroxin possibly) for 30 days- seems a lot! My gums are bleeding in the daytime which is apparently a side effect.
I am lying in bed sliding heel...
@FionaW yes it is like a sweaty old shower room!!! Worst thing is, the wound was healing beautifully in the UK and then it's got a bit 'damp' and generally manky over here. Also I reacted badly to the plaster and so that's a bit eeuurrggh too... I am planning to try the pillow under my knees to...
So, I believe I may have commented on some threads here post op- but I don't remember as I was enjoying that morphine drip a bit too much!
So before I get to questions, some things I didn't work out before hand:
1. Bedpans. Are they called that world wide?! Hideous hideous experience!!
2. Itchy...
@M1ke I am a bit whacked today, pain is pretty hardcore! But so much has happened in the 24hrs since surgery it's amazing!
Walked around 4 times with the frame and sat up in my chair.
I feel pleased that I've done that but oh dear me it has totally worn me out.
M1ke- my leg is a total dead log...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.