Recent content by 59yrsyoung : )

  1. 5

    31 yr old mom and getting hip replacement

    Hi Scstampin, Wow, you have a lot on your plate. I had my right hip replaced in Nov. 2014 so I can give you a few pointers, I'm having my left hip replaced July 8th. You will probably need most of the items that you had for your other operations, raised toilet seat, etc. You are probably going...
  2. 5

    Two weeks to go - and still asking questions

    Wanna, no questions are silly, you can sit after surgery, but as Frieds stated you may be lying down most of the first few days. Do make sure you have a chair at home that has arms and isn't too low with a firmer cushion if possible. Remember to keep your leg elevated as much as possible so...
  3. 5

    Did you recover alone - give me your advice

    I found it very helpful to have someone with me when I came home from my surgery (day three). I needed help moving my leg when getting in and out of bed. Partly because I was afraid I would hurt it but also because I was very tired and a bit unsteady. I also was very sick from the pain meds...
  4. 5

    I Don't Feel Prepared

    Good luck with your surgery! The toilet seat is essential. Also, once you can shower you will need a secure chair so you don't fall, I used a wooden kitchen chair and it worked just fine. My doctor gave me very good instruction on what I would need and I also had a nurse come everyday to...
  5. 5

    Now the Other leg

    Hi All, So I had THR on my right leg last November, I was terrified of the surgery but everything came out just fine. My right leg is so great that I hardly know anything was done, I do still have a little tenderness if I tough the scar but no pain, great movement, very happy. However; now my...
  6. 5

    THR scheduled Nov. 26th Extremely Scared

    Surgery day is here. Still scared makes me cry when I think about it, I feel like I'm saying goodbye to a friend. I know that must sound very silly to everyone but having part of me replaced just feels like losing a part of me. Can't imagine if I were really losing the whole leg as people do...
  7. 5

    THR scheduled Nov. 26th Extremely Scared

    I haven't had time to answer everyone who comment, but I really wanted to thank everyone who has sent a reply to my post. I really appreciate everyone being so kind and understanding. I did break-down this weekend with my Husband concerning my fears, he listen (something he sometimes doesn't...
  8. 5

    THR scheduled Nov. 26th Extremely Scared

    Hi, I'm really glad to have found this site. I read you don't mind rambling so here goes. I really need to talk with someone that understands what I am feeling. My friends, husband, co-workers just want to tell me how great it will be after the THR, and I realize they are probably right but I...
  9. 5

    2013 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    My THR is scheduled for Nov. 26th 9:30....very scared. I made the mistake of viewing the surgery on youtube, never do that.
Back
Top Bottom