Recent content by 3dognight

  1. 3

    THR LTHR Day 6 Surgery 2/2/23

    Thank you Layla, may try the body pillow but, getting used to sleeping on my back with pillow under my knees. Have always slept with a cervical pillow. I went to PT once and decided to just continue walking for therapy. The therapist brought out a band that I didn't want to do. Also, I got on a...
  2. 3

    THR LTHR Day 6 Surgery 2/2/23

    Hi, thank you Layla and Mike. 11 weeks tomorrow and more pain than I expected -- overall leg pain/ache. Limp without my cane. Saw surgeon mid March and he was pleased with hip flexibility but, significant pain around the knee. He thought it might be as a result of what they have to do with the...
  3. 3

    Welcome to the February Valentines 2023 Hip Recovery Club

    My surgery for LTHR due to a fall was 02 February 2023
  4. 3

    THR LTHR Day 6 Surgery 2/2/23

    Thank you. Great protocol!
  5. 3

    THR LTHR Day 6 Surgery 2/2/23

    Hello, I am back after a 5 year absence. History: March 2016 I fell down 8 stairs and broke the femoral neck on my RH. Surgeon pinned, slowly recovered until developing AVN and had a RTHR January 2018. I joined the forum late 2017 and you all helped with my recovery. On Wednesday, February 1...
  6. 3

    THR 7 months post op and soreness in the hip area

    Hi @Korver, I am one week ahead of you (RTHR on 1/8) and had my 6 week follow up yesterday. Which leg? Nice that your OS doesn't want outside PT for 3 months. What helps me is to do only a few, ankle pumps, butt squeezes and knee push downs before I get out of bed in the AM for circulation. I...
  7. 3

    THR Post Op — 6 weeks!

    My 6 week follow up with my OS and his PA was today. I walked in heel-toe (thank you @Layla!) carrying my cane and left grateful. X-rays and incisions (OS also removed 4 screws from 3/2016 pinning surgery) look great and my hip and leg are moving well. I don’t need any additional PT since I am...
  8. 3

    THR Post Op — 6 weeks!

    @Layla, thanks for reminding me about heel toe landings. Something that should be second nature has become a chore. I want to get rid of the cane but, know I need it as long as I limp. Guess I need some patience.:sigh:
  9. 3

    THR MammaT’s Matched Set

    @MammaT You should be so pleased with your progress. Sounds like your pain control is really working/helping. As you have so wisely advised me, please don’t overdo it. :) :-) (:
  10. 3

    THR Post Op — 6 weeks!

    Hi Layla, thank you:thankyou: so much for asking about me. I think I am doing well. No more hospital bed, walker, raised toilet seat, shower chair plus I am driving! My horse turned 24 so, I drove to give him a B-day kiss and apple. Walking outside more -- no pain but, I limp without my cane...
  11. 3

    THR Post Op — 6 weeks!

    Saw my PT today -- his words of wisdom were "Recovery is BABY STEPS".:walking:
  12. 3

    THR Post Op — 6 weeks!

    Thanks for the reminder, I will sign up for Joint Replacement Awareness Day. The experiences of others has certainly helped me. Saw my OS on Tuesday. Dressings removed (Dermabond is amazing) from hardware removal and implant incisions (both look good).OS pleased with my progress—told me to take...
  13. 3

    THR Turning point

    Poodles, you are doing great! Being home and off heavy duty pain meds is so much better. My ortho floor also had a lot of flu patients (hospitals are being overwhelmed). I love the photo of your Poodles. I have been owned by Poodles for over 55 years— currently two white Toys and a black...
  14. 3

    THR Post Op — 6 weeks!

    :yahoo:Hello fellow Bonesmarties, my recovery is starting Week 3! Resting, elevating, icing and still taking Tylenol, Celebrex and baby aspirin (pain moves around but is under control) Using cane more frequently but, use walker when tired and in the middle of the night to use bathroom Husband...
  15. 3

    THR Post Op — 6 weeks!

    Week 2 of recovery: things are definitely getting better, just need to be patient. Use walker most of the time and cane for short periods. Icing 3-4 X daily— feels much colder now. Swelling has gone down (my leg wrinkles are back:sad:) Elevating 5X daily Bed exercises 10 reps 2X daily. Ankle...
Back
Top Bottom