Recent content by 2newHips2025

  1. 2

    THR 2newHips2025 All Done!

    @djklaugh I can't imagine what rehabbing two hips at the same time must be like. I too can climb stairs and walk, but it's little movements causing me a new pain on this right side. Leaning forward (not bending, just leaning forward) to reach a light switch for example, causes a catch in the...
  2. 2

    THR 2newHips2025 All Done!

    No 2 hips are alike, even when they are both yours! This second recovery is very different than my first. This one was more complicated and I feel it. It's only been a week since surgery, so it's early. It's a different kind of surgical pain. In the effort to get my leg length discrepancy...
  3. 2

    THR 2newHips2025 All Done!

    I hope I'm doing this correctly. I have another recovery thread for my left THR. I just had my RIGHT THR on 4/30/2025. (My left was done on 1/28/2025.) I had a very pronounced leg length discrepancy- 2 1/4 inches. My surgeon is a magician, apparently, because he corrected most of it with the...
  4. 2

    THR 2 New Hips 2025

    @Deni444 @Layla @myglasshalffull Thank you all so much for the well wishes. I am equal parts excited and terrified, waiting for Wednesday. Even though I know what to expect, both good and challenging, I'm still super anxious. I have full confidence in my surgeon so I don't know why my...
  5. 2

    THR Right THR coming up

    Thanks, @Zorro My surgery is now moved to 4/30. I was scheduled at an outpatient surgery center, but my surgeon wants me at the main hospital instead. I did have a bad reaction to opioids last hip, that kept me in hospital overnight. He says my right hip is "more complicated " than my left, so...
  6. 2

    THR left it TOO long: Left THR Posterior

    Hi @Deni444 . Good to see you're enjoying your new hip! I too, am enjoying mine. We both have another to go. I have my second, on the right side next week. I'm a bit anxious but knowing what to expect is helping some. My bad hip is so painful right now that I can hardly stand it so I feel very...
  7. 2

    THR Right THR coming up

    Back for more. Scheduled for my right side THR on 4/29/25. Had the left side done 1/28/25. Hoping my very drastic leg length difference can be fixed some. My surgeon says he will try but cannot guarantee it. My right leg is about 2 1/4 inches shorter than my left. Yes, inches. Without a shoe...
  8. 2

    THR 2 New Hips 2025

    Hi @Deni444 I just got my right hip scheduled for April 29th. I feel very fortunate to have this moving quickly. I know what to expect this time, so my anxiety is in check for now. When I get a little nervous I just remind myself how much better I feel already and focus on that. I hope yours is...
  9. 2

    THR 2 New Hips 2025

    Thanks for checking in, Layla. Hard to believe it's been two months. My new left hip is great. I do have soft tissue pain down my leg, particularly in the quad/ knee areas, but icing definitely helps that. Thanks to this forum I knew that was to be expected. As I have mentioned, I'm waiting for...
  10. 2

    THR left it TOO long: Left THR Posterior

    @Deni444 Hey Deni. So glad to hear you are doing so well. Your story is so similar to mine--excruciating pain prior to surgery for too long. The immediate relief from bone pain is unbelievable! Surgical discomfort is nothing compared to that. For about 2 weeks after surgery, everytime I went to...
  11. 2

    THR THR for AVN

    @rdonovan I too, was terrified to have my THRs. I had my left done about 7 weeks ago, waiting for a date for my right side. I waited far, far too long to do this out of fear. I lived with excruciating pain for years. The immediate relief the left THR brought me made me realize how ridiculous...
  12. 2

    THR Stiffness but no hip pain

    @Deni444 You got this! The immediate relief I felt from my THR was so worth the preop nerves, and believe me, I was nervous. I had trouble with pain meds, so ice packs are my best advise. I have 3 gel packs to rotate. I had some swelling, not like some report, and the icing helps with the soft...
  13. 2

    THR Acupuncture for Thigh Pain & Numbness

    I am about 6 weeks post op. Icing helps me the most. The nerves firing off, the burning searing surgical pain, all of it is relieved by icing, for me anyway. I'll be interested to see if acupuncture helps anyone on the forum. Happy healing, Kelly!
  14. 2

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    Hi @wingy I too am 5 weeks post op, Left THR. I am also awaiting my right THR in May, so my situation is a bit different. I too have a very pronounced leg length discrepancy. My new hip leg is at least an inch longer than my right. My surgeon told me to use a shoe lift from the day I left...
  15. 2

    TKR 1 of 12 months Down -This is me

    @Lupyhippie You got this! I know the anxiety issue, for sure, but I also know how putting it off will only make things harder. Your recovery thread from your THR gave me hope and courage when I needed it prior to my THR, so thank you! Try to rest today, relax and take care of you. See you on...
Back
Top Bottom