Recent content by 2Kittens

  1. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    Thank you Layla. Nope it’s acting up again today was the worst and I am asking for a referral from my doctor for a second opinion from another podiatrist not the one I’m using right now is doing a bad job but I have to figure this out. The next step was to go into a boot which of course neither...
  2. 2Kittens

    THR Ava in recovery

    Yay I’m so happy Ava and we still have a lot of recovery to look forward to but it seems like fixing our hip uncovers other issues arghhh! And some I had forgotten
  3. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    Thank you Layla! My op legs doing very well, it’s my other leg that’s flared especially the arthritis in that foot! So I’m not doing walking for exercise which just sucks but I’m doing recumbent bike and just started the PT exercise from the OneStep program as I have significant weakness and I...
  4. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    Thank you for responding Layla, I understand clams are good for the core etc. but they also exercise the gluteus medias and I also understand that although hips do not need any physical therapy the rest of my body does and I’m not going to be able to to do any substantial walking for my hips if...
  5. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    Hi all so I seem to be able to do recumbent bike with no issues and being 10 weeks out I am wanting to incorporate some PT, OS said no restrictions even though I still want to be careful. Am wondering about clams and laying on my good side, anyone do these with no problems? I know I supposedly...
  6. 2Kittens

    THR Ava in recovery

    I’m sorry Ava! Ugh we’re kind of in the same position although my op leg seems to be doing GREAT (knock on wood please!!!) but my arthritis on my good foot is off the charts and now back down to no walking for me...unbelievable! Trying again the exercise bike as I cannot stand not exercising...
  7. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    Thank you , I did about 14 min which was enough for me, going to break it up into chunks though, was able to do it pre op although it still hurt, this was a month ago though that I last tried it only a month into recovery and obviously too much rocking/pressure on that soft tissue...Praying that...
  8. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    Hi Layla and thank you! I’m actually doing very very well I’m nine weeks and starting to do some quad stretching which is helping however a big huge wrench into the whole thing is on my non-op leg my foot has severe arthritis in it bone on bone and a little spur at the top of my foot which...
  9. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    Jamie I think I might do that but should I wait until after I’ve seen the podiatrist next week? I have an old metatarsal break that’s acting up and affecting my gait plus my foot is just different on that side....
  10. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    Hey all! I’m 8 weeks po as of yesterday! I’m doing pretty well, walking regularly and trying to find a good gait. My question is I’ve always been *tight* and weak in everything (quads, piriformis, glutes, etc.,) and right now the usual muscles have been acting up on the op leg such as the hip...
  11. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    OK I’m eight weeks out tomorrow and doing very well. Walking on my own unaided except I do take my cane when I go to the store and I am driving. I’m doing very little PT just mostly walking. I am going up the hill and back down because that’s my road it’s not flat and it seems to be...
  12. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    I think acupuncture is great and I have had it a lot of times it takes more than one treatment though
  13. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    I have a question. I am 6 1/2 weeks PO and doing pretty well. Walking without a cane indoors and driving. I’m in that stage where I can get around by myself but it’s so easy to overdo it. I have had lower back sciatic issues since way before the bad hip of course. So yesterday I felt my lower...
  14. 2Kittens

    THR Ava in recovery

    Ava I am glad to hear you’re doing better, I too still continue to take meds like Tylenol even though I’m not in a lot of pain and I feel like I’ve turned the corner but boy am I fragile!! Just because I can drive and walk in the house without a cane doesn’t mean I am anywhere near healed but...
  15. 2Kittens

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    Also, sorry I don’t know how to edit my post, I know we are supposed to be walking as much as we can and as much as we are resting that both are important but are there days when we are going to be resting a lot more too? Because I am six weeks out I think I should be putting in a certain amount...
Back
Top Bottom