Jules1913
new member
Hi all,
New here and very grateful for the support. Going in for RTKR on March 27th and LTKR on April 10th. My doctor would not do both at the same time which I wanted to do. I think my Doc thinks I am a wimp or something. My father, mother, and brother have had total knees. I am 56 yrs old and not overweight, always been very active. Had issues with both knees for 10 yrs. I always just ignored it and when I would have flareups I would go on a super vegan diet, extra exercise, supplements, and pray for warm weather. I have overused my knees by lifting, running, and dancing like a fool. Last November I fell down cement stairs and landed on both knees. I wanted to just stop trying and kill myself after that. I developed osteoarthritis in my thumbs in January (major flare and I had not had any problems prior to that time) I would guess that compensating my weight onto my hands contributed to that. I went into the same Doc that did all my family members and he said I had bone on bone under the knee cap on both knees and needed TKR on both knees. I was very shocked I was at that point. Because I had so many family members with the same problem (genetic osteoarthritis), he was not surprised. In the meantime my feet hurt and my back hurt. I would like to know if your feet & back hurt if you have bad knees because of compensation? I was so grateful to find this forum. I have learned a lot. I extend healing and peace to all those facing or have faced this surgery. For myself, I am apprehensive but I am not afraid. If I make it through the surgeries I will look forward to being able to walk, hike, and be without pain.
New here and very grateful for the support. Going in for RTKR on March 27th and LTKR on April 10th. My doctor would not do both at the same time which I wanted to do. I think my Doc thinks I am a wimp or something. My father, mother, and brother have had total knees. I am 56 yrs old and not overweight, always been very active. Had issues with both knees for 10 yrs. I always just ignored it and when I would have flareups I would go on a super vegan diet, extra exercise, supplements, and pray for warm weather. I have overused my knees by lifting, running, and dancing like a fool. Last November I fell down cement stairs and landed on both knees. I wanted to just stop trying and kill myself after that. I developed osteoarthritis in my thumbs in January (major flare and I had not had any problems prior to that time) I would guess that compensating my weight onto my hands contributed to that. I went into the same Doc that did all my family members and he said I had bone on bone under the knee cap on both knees and needed TKR on both knees. I was very shocked I was at that point. Because I had so many family members with the same problem (genetic osteoarthritis), he was not surprised. In the meantime my feet hurt and my back hurt. I would like to know if your feet & back hurt if you have bad knees because of compensation? I was so grateful to find this forum. I have learned a lot. I extend healing and peace to all those facing or have faced this surgery. For myself, I am apprehensive but I am not afraid. If I make it through the surgeries I will look forward to being able to walk, hike, and be without pain.
United States