Guest viewing is limited

TKR Those tight rubber bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

limpy7

member
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
190
Age
74
Location
United States
Gender
Female
I know this will probably get merged somewhere, but I'm looking for Jo's explanation for the tight rubber bands I feel going across my knee. Can anyone direct me to it? TIA
 
I have that tight feeling and for the most part I try to ignore it, I know why its there and I feel its a small price to pay for me to have arthritis pain free knees. I am discovering little niggles, stings, and twitches every day lol, all part of the healing process I think.
Viv x
 
Hi, I'm 6 months post op and those pesky tight bands were around from the first time I took a walk post op day 2. At around 4 months they seemed to go and come back, and now at 6 months just put in an occasional appearance.
 
Hi, I'm 6 months post op and those pesky tight bands were around from the first time I took a walk post op day 2. At around 4 months they seemed to go and come back, and now at 6 months just put in an occasional appearance.

Good to know, I have them too. I wish that we could go from surgery to instantaneous healing and skip all of the stuff in the middle like the tight bands. Also, every once in awhile I get a zinger, like a nerve is attempting to wake up and wants me to know it's still there. It's an "ouch" moment!
 
I had them for about the same length of time and in the same manner---they eventually went by way of the dinosaur---they are extinct now. The were, though, very aggravating, though.
 
Elisea,

I am just over a year out now and I stil will get those zingers once in awhile, only last for a few minutes. I think it's the knee trying to tell us it is still there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom