PKR UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

Woot! :yay: Wearing jeans for the first time, knee can actually fit in a pair - since swelling is nearly gone.

Another great milestone reached!! Congratulations.

I know I read about it here somewhere but can't seem to find it now.... what's with this single stitch starting to worm its way out? I had dissolvable stitches and glue. Do I do anything or just leave it alone?

Leave that stitch alone. If it needs to be cut, it should be done at your surgeon's surgery, with sterile scissors.

@UACats70 how are you doing Lorie? Hope you are having great days and progress!

R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16

Fell down the stairs this morning at home. I'm ok. Just sore.

Oh! So sorry! I bet you are sore! I fell at 6 months and was sore also.

Thank you @KarriB I slipped on the second step and stopped 3/4 of The way down. Big bruise on butt, knee bent way farther than it ever has.

Ouch be careful, hope your okay in the morning, ice the butt

R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16

Falling down stairs can make a knee bend more that it has. I nearly fell from the top of my stairs last fall as I was leaving to see m infectious disease. Totally lost my balance, plus slippery stairs, but I managed to keep it together. It scared me enough that my BP was still high a half hour later at the drs.

Shattered a double walled glass coffee mug too. I froze for a minute wondering if I ruined my new knee.

I'm glad you're OK, Lorie, apart from the bruises. It does give you a fright, doesn't it?

I've had a couple of falls on stairs. Once was a real doozie on an escalator. I went head over heels - good job I was wearing jeans!. Since then, even though I can manage without it, I always hold on to the hand rail, in the hopes that it will prevent me from falling.

@KarriB I'm doing ok. Felt sore on my whole left side like I had been in a car accident, but feeling better this evening. I haven't worked out since Sunday, so hoping to get up early and get on the rowing machine.

A day of rest can be good. I took today off from all exercising after having my final shot in the left knee yesterday. The PA told me to take it easy for a few days.

I need to figure out how to build the muscle back so the leg feels a little more stable. What's everyone's thoughts on Electrical Muscle Stimulation?

Did you get any thoughts on this? I have an EMS for my quad from my last surgery and was starting to think about using it again. Last surgery my VMO struggled to fire so needed more assistance.

Right TKR 27 December 2016

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Helpmyknee21