THR Tollers number 2.

At least it’s not just me...:hi:

I THINK you start lying on your tummy and doing it SLLOOOWWWWLLLY w a strap. But ain’t no way I’m even trying to get in that position any time soon!!!!

I THINK you start lying on your tummy and doing it SLLOOOWWWWLLLY w a strap.
:beg:Don't do that...one month out is no time for strengthening what is trying to heal!
Patience ladies.:angel:
Things,are tight and weak because the surgeon disturbed alot of soft tissue and as I had anterior also...I can tell you they do some serious stretching those muscles.
Plenty of time to strengthen and tone later:yes:

How long b4 you had a whole nights sleep? I’m 3 weeks out and sleep for 5, then wake up and try to find a comfortable position for 2 or 3, then sleep a few more.

At this point, I don’t know how much is the surgery and how much is hormonal. They wanted me off estrogen for a month...

I’m 3 weeks out and sleep for 5, then wake up and try to find a comfortable position for 2 or 3, then sleep a few more.
I know not getting enough sleep is super frustrating but I'm insanely jealous. 5 hours would have been a godsend at two months for me.
Power nap whenever possible.
All temporary...

Can somebody please point me to the thread that talks about all the layers that get closed and how?

My glue and tape job FINALLY started to peel off. There are 2 places in the crease of the thigh that are a little separated, red, and hard. They get really mad when I sit w the legs bent at 90.

I’m assuming it’s a couple of lower stitches poking up, and DO have a note into the doc, but wanted to reread anyhow, just out of an abundance of paranoia.

Attachments

• 46AA90AD-9FA2-4938-8AC9-615AA1C8C595.jpeg
    46AA90AD-9FA2-4938-8AC9-615AA1C8C595.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 187
Glad they are checking it out....little hiccup on your road to Good!
Please do update us!

Spitting 2 stitches. He got one out and didn’t want to do a lot of digging for the other. So the routine for it is swab w betadine 2x per day, let dry, put on neosporin, add bandaid. Theoretically it will either resorb or come out.

I showed him a pic of my knee a week and a half after surgery and he said the bruising was from post op internal bleeding and that is where the blood pools. He also said that most of the knee pain ppl have right after surgery is referred pain.

Not sure I totally buy that seeing as how the discharge nurse looked at the knee and said “l would start alternating heat and ice on that right away when you get home”. Insert shrug emoji here.

Got an OK to use the TENS on my quads walking or exercising. I had thought it might mask something I didn’t want masked.

Had to hit extra Vicodin today. Don’t know if it’s cause I did too much yesterday, or because weather is moving in, or 3 hrs in the car getting to the doc and back, or all of the above.

I got a lot of referred knee pain from both hips, more before than after surgery. I would lie in bed and my hip felt fine but my knee would ache. I discovered what it was when I had a hip injection and the pain went right to the place my knee had been hurting. So I would say the surgeon is right - it is referred pain. However, ice on the knee might help numb the pain a little.

Hmmmm....I have been wondering why my shoe always feels tight after walking.

Just realized it’s probably because it’s swelling.

Does that automatically mean I’m doing too much? Or just that I need 2 put my feet up awhile?

Also wondering if it could partly be because of my shoes. I had to go back to pretty minimalist shoes to walk ‘cause my gluteus still refuse to work w my heels elevated. So we are talking VERY little padding...and walking on asphalt. :skep:

Sounds like it could be a little bit of both. Maybe you could try Skechers shoes - they have many flat styles with memory foam insoles. I couldn't get into any type of a heel, and we are talking 1 to 1.5 inches on a clog, until about 8 weeks post op. I still prefer tennis shoes.

@tollertwins , I have Skechers which look like any other tennis shoe, with elastic laces! They are very comfortable, flat and lightweight. Best of all, I can use my shoe horn without tying laces!

Has anybody gotten symptoms of psoas impingement that went away as swelling subsided?

Starting to get wierd pinching sensations in the femoral triangle area.

Gah! Just realized I’m walking in the damned Keens again! I have no idea why they would cause this, but it IS still difficult for me to walk in them.

Looked at sketchers, tried Hoka One One on the advice of my PT, tried my barn boots.

The only shoes that supported my orthotics correctly are my barn boots, but they weigh about a pound and a half a piece, and that didn’t work very long.

Looks like there is a specialty shoe place over on the mainland that will modify any of their shoes to fit. May end up going over there next week and seeing if they can modify something to fit my orthotics. :bored:

I just tagged you in a post on another thread that might help with your above question

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom