THR Two down, none to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sunbunny and all my bonesmart buddies-Happy New Year! 2016 will be the best year! 2015 gave me two new hips, so 2015 was a good year. Wishing you all, wherever you are in your recovery, all the best. ❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@DebraR Happy New Year! Here's a toast that the new year finds you gaining strength, mobility, and pain free. I am so proud of you and your journey. We have certainly earned badges of courage. Lol. Take care and keep posting. I think of you often! Hugs, Barb

Osteo treatments seem to be working! And I am up to 20 minutes a day on my elliptical trainer. Started with 5 minutes and am working my way up. Next week I will add a few more minutes per day. I am also starting to go into the office, started with one day this week, next week will be two days. By the first week of March, I will be going downtown on the train again full time. One year, two hip replacements and feel Ike I am getting my former, active life back!! It feels great!

One year, two hip replacements and feel Ike I am getting my former, active life back!! It feels great!
Same here . I went through a bit of depression earlier in the year when I found out I could not get them both done at the same time. They did LTHR in July and RTHR in December. I am at 6 months and 6 weeks post op. 3 weeks ago I had second thoughts I begin to wonder if I did the right thing because things didn't bounce back quite as quickly as it did the first time around. I continue to work hard I do my own PT ,9 sets of stretching exercises, and I do a lot of walking. I never thought I'd become a Mall Walker. I am transitioning back to work two and a half hours early morning and back in for 2 hours late afternoon....... I agree it feels great.

Great news! So happy for you! I just got back from 10 days in Peru visiting my daughter and her three kids and I had the security sensors ringing. The first time I completely forgot that it would be my hip that would set it off and had to have a pat down.

@DebraR I am catching up on my bonesmart reading and wanted to tell you how happy I am to hear about your progress. :happydance:

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been here so thought I'd post an update. I am doing great. Still a small pain in the lower right leg, but, I would say it's 85% better. I am still seeing the osteopath and now seeing a physiotherapist as well. I've found that the strengthening exercises that the PT gave me started to work - almost immediately I started to feel stronger. I am back to work in downtown Montreal and for the last couple of days have been starting to walk more normally. Longer strides and no pain. Up to 30 minutes on the elliptical! My lower back still gets pretty stiff after walking about 20 minutes, so have to work on that. As my hips gets stronger though, my PT says that my back should feel better, as it won't be taking so much of the load. Would love to hear how you are all doing too!

Great update @DebraR ! Sound like things are finally settling for you. Just more proof it sometimes takes a bit of persistence during this recovery. Well done!

That's great! After sitting for so long it will take a while to get your muscles back in shape but it's easier to strengthen muscles than to improve cardio - at least from my experience. My dog ran into me again -the op side too - so I am hurting. I had a fantastic massage that worked out all the spasms but my physio is away until Feb 29 so I can't get her help. I must admit I am pretty depressed and mad at my pup. I am not walking her anymore! She is too strong and when I let her off leash on our bush trail she gets too excited when other dogs come and runs wild.
You sound so much better! Pretty soon you will forget you have two new hips.
Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HaiPao
Recent bookmarks
Back