THR Wobble49's recovery thread

I'm hoping this new hip will get you felling back to better.
You have extra struggles and how brave you are!
Baby that hip as these are still early days.
Sending healing hugs your way!
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
I'm sorry your knees are bothering you as well as other issues.
Hopefully your surgeon will have some suggestions to bring you relief.
Wishing you comfort as you continue healing. I hope you have a lovely weekend. :flwrysmile:
@Wobbly49
 
Thanks Mojo333 & Layla,

Hope you're both well?

I'm really babying this knee my new hip feels great so I'm resting alot!!!
Can't wait to get the other hip done hoping I'll walk better when that one's done too I'm still limping alot don't know if this is normal or not I'm presuming it's coz the other side needs doing. I feel like I'm going 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards some days, however the lack of pain in the new hip is just fantastic amazing and I'm so grateful to the NHS I'm back at the surgeon in 10 days hopefully I'll get a date for the right hip - how wrong is it to look forward to having another major surgery surgeon

Time for bed
 
I am still amazed that the horrid bone crunching hip pain is Gone:yahoo:
Glad you are ready to get the other hip recovery on the road so you can get on with your life.
Wobbly will be Wonderfully Stable! (Well, at least hip wise:eyebrows:)

Hope you have a good weekend!:flwrysmile:
 
Hello, Happy Saturday :wave: I hope you're having a good day so far.
It's not wrong to look forward to a second THR, especially given you now realize the wonderful difference it makes. Not sure if you're still using an assistive device, but it's recommended you do until you're no longer limping.

I feel sorry for those who need both hips replaced in quick succession because it seems Recovery is often a bit stalled while one hip is in healing mode and the other hip is in a state of deterioration.
Wishing you comfort and healing. Let us know how your appt goes and if you get a date scheduled.
@Wobbly49
 
Hi all and thank-you for your replies
Hope everyone us doing well in recovery etc...

So my knee pain is finally getting better not gone but getting better. Been for appt today with surgeon am gutted he is making me wait and recover for another 3 months at which point he'll see me again and book me in for hip number 2 just wanted it all over and done with - selfishly however the good news on this is that I'll be off work for the whole of xmas and new year - in retail know as silly season if he does me in nov which I'm praying he does I've had such good results from the left i just wanna crack on with the right. Me amd hubby are waiting to book holidays and cruises catching up on life .

So any ideas how to get off both of these crutches even tho i still have a knackered hip will be appreciated

Thanks everyone
 
:hi:
I've had such good results from the left i just wanna crack on with the right. Me amd hubby are waiting to book holidays and cruises catching up on life .
I hope you can get this done so 2020 will be the year you "catch up" on fun.:happydance:
So any ideas how to get off both of these crutches even tho i still have a knackered hip will be appreciated
This is a tough one since I don't know how it would feel...but have you tried using a cane -for the problem child side?
At least around home if you feel stable enough!
These are still early days...and I get the crutches can be exhausting.
Keep the faith @Wobbly49 :SUNsmile:
 
Hey Mojo333

Hope you're well

Thanks for your reply, it's tricky even the surgeon couldn't tell me what I'm supposed to do
Pretty gutted after my 6 week op yesterday nothing wrong everything going to plan BUT I'm not going straight back in for the other hip like they said at the the previous consultation they calling me back in 3 months time and will book me in then they want me to heal properly first so guess that cruise booking will just have to wait for now nevermind they're the experts they know what they're doing so I'll be going back to work in 4 weeks going back on phased return and I've told me boss he can't break me
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope things are looking up since you last posted a couple weeks ago.
With any luck time will fly, you'll get your surgery date, get through surgery / recovery and begin to recapture your life. Until then, I wish you comfort and continued healing.
@Wobbly49
 
Hi,
Just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing, hope you're all well so i went back to work last thursday - the hottest day of the year - what a wally took friday off went to work sat had sunday off went to work monday then 2 days off and back in tomorrow, I'll be honest ive not done a full shift yet but I'm finding it pretty knackering, still trying to work out which crutch is best for me - still dont know but i do know that the crutches have kicked my carpal tunnel back into complaing in my left hand already had the right one done. The hip still seems to be soing very well a very occasion twinge but nothing more than that.
Hope every is recovering well take care all.
 
:wave:Sorry the stress on your hand is frustrating but super happy to hear from you @Wobbly49
Lots of improvements to come.
Thank goodness its Humpday! :ok:
 
Hi @Wobbly49
Many questions so looking forward to an update.
Wondering how work is going, whether you're adjusting?
Hopefully you're needing the crutches less and finding relief from the carpal tunnel.
Wishing you a great week and hoping to hear from you soon! :wave:
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Best wishes for a great week. :SUNsmile:
@Wobbly49
 
Hey guys,

I hope you're all well and still on the good recovery road.

Life's been hectic since I went back to work it's till soooo exhausting, but then I remind myself that I'm still lugging around a knackered hip
Tried to do the early at work yesterday it wasn't a great success but we managed, maybe I should have had some more time off work I don't know, figured at my youthful age I'd be ok

How many years do we think hips will really last?
I thought mine would have been cement free but on reading my medical reports I find it's cemented and surgeon went in from the side - lateral i believe?

I'm so grateful to the nhs that we are so lucky to have in our country, this will be my 5th surgery in 2 years and hopefully my last for a while, every time i have surgery they insist on me having a GA because of my back however I was pleased to have the GA for the hip replacement I was terrified.

Going to be another busy year I'm going to be a granny again little girl due in January, and hopefully a cruise and visiting some of the amazing places that I haven't been to I'm the UK, fingers crossed I'll be walking stick\crutches free - we'll see

Wishing you all the best take care

Wobblyxxx
 
Hello,
Thanks for the update. Hopefully you're in a position that you're able to rest once you're home from work since you're still feeling exhausted. At only three and half months post op you still have many months for improvemnt in all areas. Recovery can take a full year, even longer for some.

In regard to your question on how many years hips last, following is an article from the BoneSmart Library -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/hips-that-have-lasted-32-40-41-and-45-years.13853/

Congrats on the new grandbaby arriving soon. That's something wonderful to look forward to.
A cruise sounds pretty exciting also. Lots to look forward to in the New Year.
Wishing you all the best as you move forward!
@Wobbly49
 
Hey Layla,

Thanks for your reply I will read that article.

I guess we're all recovering at different rates, and we'll all have different outcomes. To be honest I'm so grateful for a reduction in pain and my new hip is definitely pain free, there's an odd twinge but other than that nothing.

I've always said I'd be happy if I could just walk for 20 mins - impossible at this time. Just to stand long enough to prepare a meal in one go rather than do a few mins then sit down then do a few mins more etc....... & I think I need to remember this as I think I may be expecting too much from my 1 new hip soon to be 2 new hips, just got carried away with myself

Take care

Wobbly xx
 
:hi:@Wobbly49
I think I need to remember this as I think I may be expecting too much from my 1 new hip soon to be 2 new hips, just got carried away with myself
Sounds like you are saying you are due to have right one done soon?
I'm sorry if you mentioned this before and I have forgotten. :unsure:
If you are having to recover with a bad hip still, this can be difficult.
Hopefully when next one is sorted then you will see some real improvements on your walking and stamina.
Keep the faith friend...:ok:
 
Hi Mojo,

Hope you're well?

Yes I think I've expected too much, good news is that I'm getting my 2nd new hip on 21/10/19 I'm soooooo happy, hopefully in 3 months time I'll be able to go and have a lovely little walk with NO walking sticks or crutches.

Not looking forwards to the bed pans terrible things, or 2 weeks of strip washing and hair wash over the sink but they're insignificant compared to the life I'm going to start re-living once I'm healed.

You cant tell how happy I am can you

And I'll get Christmas and New year off from work which as I work in food retail is a humongous luxury for me

Wobbly xx
 
Hip hip hooray!!!:yahoo:
So happy you have the date set and you will be achieving double hippys status soon.
Keep the faith, my wobbly friend!:friends:
 
Great news on getting a date scheduled!
Only a month away and you'll be on your way to a better life.
You should be feeling wonderful by the holidays and have a fabulous 2020!
@Wobbly49
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom