TKR Winner winner, chicken dinner! Bionic Liz's new RTKA

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for reference (this is just a picture)

lit.jpg

Toilette is certainly not better @L.I.T.! Any such outdoor 'facility' is unspeakably awful! Besides, one can only imagine what your husband might want to vacuum pack next!!
I wouldn't want to survive if meant such living!

Liz it is so good to hear from you and the pic from the parade is adorable! Your both doing so well. Be patient at month 5 your going to love your new knee! Yeah to camping! Here is my idea of glamping (see photo). Please forward your address so I know where to find food at the apocalypse! I'll just hop on my horse and head west! Do you all have alfalfa and winter grass seeds for him? Love your posts they always make me smile! Stay well. Has hubby been evaluated by hematology for unusual clotting disorders?

Attachments

• IMG_1698.JPG
    IMG_1698.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 134
Ha ha ha ha ha! @Red's Mom! I admit that had we not found our little pop up toilette by reading the trailer forums, Bill and I had discussed using some sort of padding on a bucket. The home depot orange is a nice touch, too! I told him my main concern was that I didn't think I could squat that low yet - and the thought of falling over with the bucket aaaaaiiiiiieeeeeeeee :sick:

And if the apocolypse ever happens, Utah is definitely the state in which to be! Bill actually bought a book that ranks each state by seclusion, climate for growing, weather, distance from military bases, and a whole slew of other things - JUST IN CASE we end up in an 'end of the world as we know it' situation. It's (ironically) sitting right by the potty at this very moment. Nothing like the end of the world for good bathroom reading!

We have no alfalfa or winter grass seeds....(although lots of pastures around here do)....we do have rye grass and red winter wheat seeds? (I have absolutely NO idea what one feeds a horse LOL). To answer about the blood clotting disorders, I think he had been tested before and it came up negative, but the hematologist did test him again, and we have not heard anything (which in Utah usually means all is negative). The hematologist thinks he should go ahead and stay on the blood thinners 'just in case'.....but he worries about trauma and such - especially with as much bouldering, sharpening of knives, and bike riding that he does. It's a pretty valid concern. We'll have to see what he feels is best for him :beg:

@Spex10 ! :rofsign: I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that our vacuum packing doesn't get to *that* stage! As one who grew up going to summer camp with outdoor showers, outhouses, and no a/c....a tent and pop up potty with a bag is an upgrade! That being said, my time with our nu-loo will be limited, as *showers* are relatively important to me, and more than 2 days would be pushing it on the smell-o-meter! Even though our next year camper has a shower, I have (obviously) long hair which will make me seek out real running water and plumbing at least every 3 days or so!

Well, as the knee stands, it seems to have tolerated yesterday's 2 mile excursion pretty well - no additional swelling. A minor amount of ache, but easily fixed with our friend, tylenol. Since 2 nights ago, it's been only 'mildly' swollen....so I'll just ride the wave and see what happens!

We will be out of town for the next 3 days, but by next week, I should have a full trailer camping report! Everyone have a great weekend :dubious:

Why is your hubby so concerned about some catastrophe requiring so much survival planning?

@Spex10 , to answer that, I would have to assume that my physician husband subscribes to real world, rational logic :heehee:

I honestly think that more than anything, it's just like any other 'project' in which he gets involved. Something he can read about, do with his hands, and watch a million youtube videos about! While I am a woman with very few hobbies, he is a man with many. He likes tinkering with electronics, woodworking, welding, camping/backpacking, photography, taking apart and rebuilding, motorcycle maintenance, and on and on. He's also a 'collector' of things (probably right on the good side of becoming a hoarder :wink:), and has a fascination with living in a self sustaining manner.

My guess is it's just the 'project du jour' and when we can go hiking, etc, then something a little less 'preparatory' like photography will take over again. In the meantime, if you need some vacuum packed grain, just let me know :giggle: I'll even make sure you don't get one that's been chewed upon by the cat. :doh:

Do you pack all your supplies to take with you every trip you take? Camping to me is a five star hotel! I'm a city girl and couldn't get by without all my comforts of home.

I hope you have a good weekend. I'll be in my nicely heated home with a queen sized bed and a gas fireplace. I'm roughing it.

We used to camp a lot when our children were young. It was the only type of holiday we could afford then. I remember some very enjoyable times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads