TKR Will I ever sleep again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The restless legs was what was hardest for me. The twitching and not being able to settle the legs drove me nuts. It does pass but it took me awhile. Just when I was falling asleep my legs would start dancing. They do calm down eventually though it feels like forever when it is happening. Just give up sleeping for a few weeks and you should be fine.:th_heehee:
 
Hi....try getting an extra long soft pillow , one long enough to go from your hip to your foot. Lay on your back with your leg cocooned in the pillow. This will elevate your leg slightly. This was a comfort to me and it prevents you from tossing and turning.
 
Just over 4wks... I am finally sleeping ... not solid through the night as I wake up to reposition my pillows... but I am sleeping on either side and stomach!! AHHHH!! sleep ... I LOVE IT!:sleep:
Thanks for everyone sympathizing and encouraging me! I am not out of the woods yet but at least I dont dread bed time! :)
 
Hi Naptown,
I was having the same problem so started taking 2
Tylenol PM Body Pain and it helped quite a bit. Hope you find some relief as It's so frustrating.:sigh:
I know that the nights I did toss and turn I would turn on the tv, go make myself a warm milk and watch the classic movie channel. Just give in and don't fight it and know...it will pass..and you will :sleep:
 
It was crazy attempting to sleep and knowing that It would be futile. It was quite frustrating and I finally gave in and got the sleep meds---those did the trick!

This issue will subside and become a thing of the past!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom