Walked To The Pub!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klinger

Morning gang, well its all in the title really, I did I walked down to the pub last night(2.5 miles)the only down-side was I think I must have looked a bit silly carrying my sticks under my arm cos I didnt use them once. The most difficult thing was my lack of fitness having not walked much more than about 100yards over the 3yrs pre-op. 6 weeks post-op now and its going great, no pain killers for over 3 weeks now, hope everyone else is making good progress and holding on in there. Cheers all Klinger.

The real question is, how did you look walking back? Coangrats Klinger, jen

Great news, Klinger!!! Hope you didn't overdo it, though!!

Congrats. Amazing what one can do when he has a worthy goal.

Obviously he was anesthetized for the walk home.

The real question is how do you feel this morning?

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_chickendance.jpg

Congratulations! That is a tremendous step (pardon the pun) forward!

My best to you "across the pond." You are getting our life back!

Tim C.

edk, the knee feels great this morning, better than my head does anyway! I,d had a couple of hours physio yesterday a well, so the the old knee went through quite a bit of action yesterday.

That's awesome, Klinger!! Now, get rid of that headache!

It had to be fun to see your pals at the Pub.....did they want to see your scar?? EVERYBODY wants to see the scar.

Great job mate!!!
Give us a pic of you in one of those rugby shirts.

Whew, bad case of med head this a.m. Popped two pills about, well I can't even remember what time it was. Around 1am. ---Coffee, I need coffee..

Great news!! And no pain meds since week3??? You are amazing! Keep up the incredible work. We're starting to get all sorts of poster children for recovery on this site! It's so exciting to see folks getting their lives back and doing what they love to do!

That's awesome, Klinger!! Now, get rid of that headache!

It had to be fun to see your pals at the Pub.....did they want to see your scar?? EVERYBODY wants to see the scar.

I've noticed that too....people are really interested to see what the scar looks like, find out what happened in the surgery and learn about recovery.

Morning gang, well its all in the title really, I did I walked down to the pub last night(2.5 miles)the only down-side was I think I must have looked a bit silly carrying my sticks under my arm cos I didnt use them once. The most difficult thing was my lack of fitness having not walked much more than about 100yards over the 3yrs pre-op. 6 weeks post-op now and its going great, no pain killers for over 3 weeks now, hope everyone else is making good progress and holding on in there. Cheers all Klinger.
Well done. I am new to the forum, but have been readng all your threads and find them fascinating. I had my TKR done 2 weeks ago, so i have a little way to go before i walk like that. I have actually, gone all day without painkillers so things are looking up.

You "non medicated" people are making the rest of us drug addicts look pitiful!!!

Welcome, star. If you've been lurking, then you know we're a big, happy family.
Post often!

We've gotten so close that we "shoot the bull" a little too much and it's hard to find the "nuggets of gold" (TKR info)......keep reading and you'll learn tons!

Now I'm impressed, star. At two weeks, there is no way most of us would have been able to make it through the day with no pain meds. Be sure that you're not trying to get off them too soon. You need to be pain free to be able to do the movement necessary to regain full mobility. If you are cutting back on them at night too, try not doing that and see if you can sleep better.

How? How do they do it?? Two weeks and no pain pills. I've always had a pretty high threshold of pain but this knee thing is a different.....monkey.
At two weeks, I , well, I was so messed up I don't even remember it.. I remember some of Patti's and Skeet's comments though.
The front is right on top of me now and my knee is screaming for a pill. And I plan to satisfy it.

Well done star, thats the way to go, if you dont need pain meds leave them in the cupboard.I prefered to take anti-imflams anyway,imo they can reduce swelling which of course is one of the enemies regarding range of movement, keep it up cheers klinger. ps what part of the uk you from?

Some of the best advice I got from this crowd was be sure to take my pain meds before PT. I'm taking less now and mostly only Ultram, but yesterday I forgot to take anything prior to PT and boy I knew it that night. Even during PT it felt harder to do. Minimal is good. Martyr is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Mahaan98
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom