BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

[REVISION THR] Triple Hippy- Revision smoothly over<

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by sansabosa, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Newbie tkr

Newbie tkr senior

United States United States
    Dear Sansabosa:
    Just wanted you to know that I just finished reading your story, as I'm finally in a better frame of mind than I was 6 weeks ago after undergoing a L THRevision on April 1st.
    I wonder if you've made a decision yet about the knee surgery you're considering...just curious.
    I had a L TKR in 2016...geesh! Seems like we're all Bionic here.
    Anyway, just wanted to say "hi". HI...

2. sansabosa

sansabosa senior

Turkey Turkey
    @Newbie tkr
    Hi Dear,
    Just red your mail, apologies for the delay in response.
    I am now 5 months post op my L THR and actually my knee seems to be OK for the moment. I don't have static pain, I feel it if I walk up a hill or climb stairs. It is probably combination of glucosamin supplements, diligent weight control and to an extent loss, using cane since it is the same side of my last operation...it may also be due to the mechanical axis of the body weight. In my last control, 2 months ago, the assistant OS mentioned about some angles that would help withthe weight burden to be more on the middle side of the knee instead of the medial side where my problem is in my left knee. Any way I asked them whether I should get a partial knee replacement during this 'maintenace and repair' year of mine, they recommended not to get it until you really feel its the time...
    How are you with your revised hip? Mine took a while to recover and is still ongoing. It has been unique and different than previous THR of both of my hips 20 and 6 years ago. I do not really have pain but am still not able to walk without the cane...I am limping. Most probably due to muscle issues...
    would love to hear how you are progressing with your revision?
    have a lovely weekend

• Like Like x 2
  3. Layla

Layla FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

Wishing you a Belated Happy Five Month Anniversary!
    It's nice to see an update from you.
    A tip -
    Try heel-toe walking when / if you're limping. Let your heel hit the ground first followed by toes.
    It takes a concentrated effort but I believe you'll notice a difference. Give it a try.

I hope you have a great weekend. Please don't be a stranger here. We love updates.
    Take Care :flwrysmile:
    @sansabosa

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Newbie tkr

Newbie tkr senior

Hi Sansabosa:
    I apologize with my delay in getting back to you. I hope that you are walking better now as it's been at least a couple of weeks I believe since you posted back to me. Do you feel that you're getting more of your weight centered on the medial part of your knee as opposed to the side? As you mentioned in your post to me one of the medical staff members was helping you with this, I hope it worked. And congratulations on the weight loss. I, too, need to drop about 10 lb after all is said and done. I've never been heavy but I don't like the extra 10 lbs on me and I've been reading a lot about how losing 10 lbs can help the joints so much more than we'd ever expect. Please let me know how you're doing, I'm thinking of you and everyone else that is going through this now.