Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR Total Left Knee Replacement - This hurts!!!!

Helizabug

graduate
Country
United States United States
@2020Tracy I know this frustration with your ROM, I really do.

My flexion was stuck under 90 until I had my MUA at about 9 weeks. After the MUA, I got up to 110, but have struggled since then to maintain 100. The MUA has left me in more pain, with more swelling, but I do have more flexion. I just feel liked I’m recovering from a skiing injury, without the fun of the skiing.

If you are considering an MUA, make sure, for your situation, that an MUA is indicated when you’ve already reached better than 100 on your own. I wouldn’t have done it if I had reached 100 degrees on my own.

I agree with Jaycey that you sound like you are progressing well, and you need reassurance that you will keep progressing. There are many recovery accounts on BoneSmart that show the many paths to 120 degrees of flexion and even better indicators of wholeness. We are all on different schedules, but so many of us seem to get there.

Rubyroo

Country
Tracy2020,
I had my RTKR on 12-2-19, so we are same day different knees :). Hang in there and be patient- you are doing just fine. Baby steps! :)

Joha123

Country
Canada Canada
@2020Tracy I know this frustration with your ROM, I really do.

My flexion was stuck under 90 until I had my MUA at about 9 weeks. After the MUA, I got up to 110, but have struggled since then to maintain 100. The MUA has left me in more pain, with more swelling, but I do have more flexion. I just feel liked I’m recovering from a skiing injury, without the fun of the skiing.

If you are considering an MUA, make sure, for your situation, that an MUA is indicated when you’ve already reached better than 100 on your own. I wouldn’t have done it if I had reached 100 degrees on my own.

I agree with Jaycey that you sound like you are progressing well, and you need reassurance that you will keep progressing. There are many recovery accounts on BoneSmart that show the many paths to 120 degrees of flexion and even better indicators of wholeness. We are all on different schedules, but so many of us seem to get there.
What is MUA?

sistersinhim

Country
MUA (manipulation under anesthetic). It where you are sedated and your doctor forces your knee to bend as much as he can. These can work well for some people and for others can be a nightmare. We've even had members whose bones have been broken during one of these procedures.

Joha123

Country
Canada Canada
Hi Jaycey
Thanks for responding to me.
I'm taking my meds and am on the couch elevating and icing pretty much all day/nichg
I guess I just need time..... This was pretty traumatic!!!
Yes

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
horseygal
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom