Guest viewing is limited

Core Decompression Too much too Soon?

Wow you guys are all SO very awesome. I feel like you’re all my special hip angels. What I once saw as a scary place I might hear things I don’t want to hear - I now view as a source of comfort and inspiration.

Those photos of the other THR patients doing amazing poses and living happy normal lives make me feel so much more confident in my upcoming adventure.

I can’t wait for it all to be behind me, especially this deep persistent pain in my left groin that is stealing my joy every day. I will keep you all updated. My pre-op appt is taking place on the 12th and I will update you all on how my journey goes.

Thank you, and for any interested in my No Doubt Tribute band that I play Gwen Stefani in, it is called New Doubt and you can find us on Instagram @NewDoubt

We have one last show on the 16th before the surgery - it will be painful but I have my ways of hiding it and making it through. Then a hiatus for recovery, and set to take the stage again May 11th! I hope I can do this. I know I can.
 
I understand your fears, given your age, and your recent experience. I would caution you to not set yourself up to think you will or won't be able to certain things, because the truth is, most likely you will be able to do most everything you'd like eventually.....perhaps not as soon as you'd like---your body is in charge of that.

You must be so relieved to have answers, and to have a chance to resume the life you want to lead with that little one of yours:)
 
Last edited:
:hi: and :welome:back.
Glad to see your post.
It can be very anxiety producing to think about replacing a part of our anatomy that had failed us...but I heard Josephine compare it to getting rid of a rotten tooth.:umm:
You won't miss it...and it will make your life full again.:yes:
You won't miss the pain, that's for sure.
My new hips have given me a great new lease on life.:egypdance:
Your only difficulty might be being patient and giving yourself the time it takes to heal.

I'm guessing you will do splendidly and we need a rock star on forum!:tada:
Roll on February 20!
 
Last edited:
What I once saw as a scary place I might hear things I don’t want to hear - I now view as a source of comfort and inspiration.

Great! I'm happy you feel that way. I think you'll find the support and encouragement here next to none.
Mainly because we can relate. I'm happy you are viewing the forum as a source of comfort and inspiration because you will find both here. We all can find things here we don't want to read but overall the odds are in your favor. You're going to get your life back, minus the pain.

How fun to play in a tribute band. I was a No Doubt fan back in the day....still like Gwen Stefani. Obviously don't know her, never met her, but what I've seen / read she seems like a devoted loving mom and very down to earth. I'll bet it was exciting for you to meet her. I'll take a peek at your Instagram.

I wish you luck at your pre-op. Try to get all your questions answered. Let us know how it goes.
I'd say "break a leg" for your last show but somehow it doesn't sound right given your condition, lol.
I hope you're able to power through on the 16th and enjoy yourself without being in too much pain.

Wishing you comfort and a great weekend!
@AngiesHips
 
Me too! Did I tell you that hip and knee replacement are THE most performed and THE most successful surgical procedures in medical history?
 
@AngiesHips Thinking of you today... as you have been through the core decompression recovery saga, I'm sure THR will finally resolve that hip pain so you can move on with a happy life.:yahoo:
See you on the healing side..:) :-) (:
 
Hope your surgery goes well and you move into the recovery phase knowing things are going to get better and better for you! :flwrysmile:
 
Best Wishes today, Angela, will be thinking of you.
I'm excited for you to lose the pain and move forward doing what you love to do.
You'll be on stage shakin it before you know it.
Let us know how you're doing, we'd love to follow your journey and hear about your first post op show once it happens. Most importantly though, your sweet daughter will soon have a mommy who's no longer hurting.

Following are the Recovery Guidelines. Please read them, the info will be helpful as you're healing.
Big Hugs to you.

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfo
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this
6. Access to these pages on the website

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice. @AngiesHips
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom