TKR LTKR

Abbeighgirl

Country
Canada Canada
TKR July 25th/18 and not walked a day since My left foot and toes I can’t feel. The 26th I fell off hospital bed and fractured my right ankle and it was casted
My surgeon would not allow me to walk until Dec1st!! I have no balance no muscle mass. I was refused Rehabilitation my foot won’t allow me to walk nor my left toes !!! I’m seeing a Nerve Neurologist in Feb next month.

:welome: to BoneSmart. So you've not walked for a year and a half! No wonder you have problems - but you're in the right place for advice.

That is a long time to not have walked at all why were you refused rehab ? - hope you get the answers you need from the nerve neurologist in February and resolve your issues. Good luck xx

Oh dear! I think you need someone who can address your body as a whole system, not just individual challenges. You can, likely regain everything you feel you’ve lost, but I imagine it will take large helpings of patience and attention to how each recovery affects each other one.

I hope you find BoneSmart helpful. It’s a great place to find people who can really sympathize, from experiences similar, if not just like, yours.

Hi, sorry to read your tale.
What reason did he give you for not walking for several months. Was it nerve damage on the left, or broken ankle on the right, or both?

Hi, @Abbeighgirl .... welcome to BoneSmart. Am I understanding correctly that you had your left knee replaced July 25, 2018 and you were not permitted to walk until December of that year because of a fractured ankle you received on July 26, 2018? And then, because you did not walk for so long, now you cannot walk at all?

This is a most unusual situation and it would be helpful if you could provide more details about what has happened during all this time and what diagnoses you have had from your doctors. What is the plan for you going forward?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom