TKR TKR today. Now post-op

Enjoy that downtime! The more you rest, the better you'll recovery!

It was a while before I could any knitting other than a plain stockinette hat and I still have those days when the pattern does make sense.

When friends and family ask me what books I've been reading while recovring they are incredulous when I say none. I read here on this forum and short articles on some science forums. Newspaper clippings too. Can't be anything where I should remember the plot.

I've been able to read since my hospital stay, but often found myself reading the same 3 paragraphs again and again, lol. I found it was easier to read non-fiction (no plot to remember?) and am still stuck in that groove which is actually a pleasant break from novels. For some reason, television made me lightheaded and more confused than I already was, so I avoided it for about 4 weeks. I don't really knit, just pseudo knit (twisted scarves were a specialty) but can crochet. I see a ball of yarn waiting for me in my bookcase but I think it'll be on the shelf for awhile.:SUNsmile:

One of my BoneSmart friends from last summer discovered a tv program that explained math problems - she said it put her right to sleep every time. I had the impression that she might normally actually want to watch and could follow such a thing (can't imagine!! - who knew there were t.v. shows about how to work math problems?) Anyway, it still cracks me up a year later.

I was...and still am...surprised at the brain-fog that followed me home from the hospital. It is just beginning to go away. I knit a bit, look at this forum, and a couple of news sites.

That's funny about the math. Start throwing numbers at me and I am gone!

@Iknit How are you doing? I couldn't concentrate on books and even fell asleep while watching Netflix.

TKR today. Now post-op
TKR today. Now post-op
@newlybionic I'm doing well, thank you! It's one week today that I had surgery. Today was the first day I spent a few hours in the living room in a recliner and visited with a friend. THEN it caught up with me...pain and exhaustion. I'm in bed with ice, elevation. And my oxy. I fall asleep when trying to listen/watch audiobooks and tv, so the Hallmark channel is on in the background. Haven't picked up my knitting needles either. AND that's OK :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a while before I picked up my needles and then it had to be a stockinette hat. I needed mindless knitting.

I found knitting to be the perfect sleeping aid. Even though I was very slow, the repetitive rhythm put me to sleep. Btw lknit you look great !

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

You look good for only one week out. Love the shirt. Don't do too much early on. A quick visit is all you need at most.

I love both your t-shirt and your smiling face. Sounds like your recovery is going great - celebrating all the little improvements like being in the living room and talking to a friend. That's progress!

(Note to @sistersinhim - it was Floridagal, who I believe was 78 when she had her surgery)

So, Iknit we are knee buddies, july7 surgery date. How are you making out today?

Keep up the good work! It'll take awhile, but eventually you will be able to concentrate again.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks