TKR TKR today. Now post-op

Hey there @Iknit, hope you have a comfortable transfer to home. Coming home day can be an exhausting experience. Lots of rest and ice.
 
Heading home. Feeling ok. TEDs on and Dunkins in my hand. Can't wait to nap. Will reread the guidelines once I get some more sleep. :sleeep:
 
Glad you are going home today! I had to re-read the guidelines daily for a while. My brain fog didn't let anything stick. But, you were knitting on day 0, that was amazing to me, I couldn't think!

I see you are from NH. I had hiking the White Mountains and staying in the huts on Mt Washington on my bucket list and took it off when the knees got so bad. I've added it back. You live in a truly beautiful state! Have you ridden the Cog Railroad up Mt Washington? Good to meet you on here!
 
Sending you more good healing vibes:~~~ ~~~
Lots of knowledge and experience on this website!
Say, are you one of those people who can read and knit at the same time?
 
Sleep as much as you can. When you're sleeping, your body is healing more! That's good! And follow the Bonesmart guidelines and you will have less pain and more gain!
 
Hi everyone. Thank you for the kind wishes and thoughts. You were correct about the transfer home being exhausting. And the brain fog!!!! So i will reply to posts another day, and support and encourage the other July Sparklers once my brain fog lifts a wee bit more. Good night :sleep: This old nurse is learning A LOT from this group. My sincere thank you to you all. Now I'm rambling...
 
Wonderful that you are home! Get all the sleep you can. Sleep is healing.
 
I'm glad you're home safely. Your job now is to rest, ice, elevate, and take your medications on a regular schedule.
Just walking to and from the bathroom and a little walk inside the house is all the exercise your knee needs right now.
 
Nothing like being at home and in familiar surroundings to help you heal! Have a peaceful and pain free night!
 
There's no place like home, Iknit! I hope you get a hefty dose of healing zzz's and just remain in very low gear. Dream about skiing Tuckerman's Ravine, lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have found out that it is crucial to listen to my body. Used to, well still am a "little hard-headed"! LOL. Listen to your knee and it will go a lot easier[emoji4]
 
Welcome home, best place for recovery. Hope you are being pampered!
 
@Iknit, I'm hoping you're settling in to a comfortable recovery routine. It's my observation that each BoneSmartie seems to find their own path, and figures out just what they can do to stay happy and peaceful at home. And I love seeing what works for others, so I can expand my list of things to try. Since it takes awhile after surgery to get your cognitive powers back, I highly recommend using others to help you come up with ideas. Your home PT, your family and friends, and for sure the folks on BoneSmart are all resources in case something isn't going according to your liking. You're not alone!
 
I will add my welcome to all of the others. I hope you are resting well, the first few days at home were difficult for me, but once I got my meds schedule down and figured out the best elevation for my knee things got better. We are all here to help, so don't hesitate to ask.
 
Welcome home :wave: Are you still knitting ? I do a few rows each day , but tend to be easily distracted . This forum is my addiction for the moment :snork:
 
Just an update. POST Op Day #5. Learning still about rest and not pushing it. Removed pain ball cath today per Dr's orders. MY how I now can feel my lower quads! :(
Reading and re-reading the articles and guidelines. Icing. Elevating. Resting. Compressing. Exercises as instructed, but very slow. PT comes tomorrow. This place and forums are awesome for support!
PS. I cant knit righr now as apparently I can't follow directions while taking the Oxycodone and Tramadol. :heehee:

:dogwalk:
 
Whew @Iknit, I'm glad you said you couldn't knit because because I really couldn't begin to make sense of directions. I'm just now where I can concentrate on a novel!
 
Back
Top Bottom