TKR Tightness in back of leg, very tight around knee<

@Sue0725, I visited my chiropractor at about 3-4 weeks. I made sure he was aware of my knee and he made sure I felt comfortable with any adjustments he felt were needed. He definitely stayed away from my left leg/knee and he also tried a modified adjustment for my hips and back so as to not affect my knee. Felt good considering the stiffness in my back.
 
When my legs are tight and cramping, I start taking a product called CALM. It’s magnesium citrate.
It’s helped my legs feel better.
 
Hello!! Into my 7th month of recovery. I can definitely see improvement each week now. Off all meds for pain, including Tylenol.

One question please? Do you still feel stiffness in your knee with weather changes? For some reason I feel stiff and swollen and can't pinpoint why.

Using ice tonight with my leg propped up to see if it helps.
 
Ya...I think that's just gonna be a "given" for us.
 
Weather bothers me sometimes. I see you’re in PA, I’m in Delaware. Tropical Storm Michael is going by my house right now, my knee’s not happy, I expected it wouldn’t be. This storm is not that far from you, so it could be a factor.

Interestingly, weather never bothered my knees before I had this replacement.
 
Going for my 1 year follow up tomorrow morning. I still have tightness around my knee like a tight band. I still have pain in the inside of my knee. I don't feel completely satisfied with my progress. I am unable to kneel on my knee. Wish my ROM were a little further. Waiting to hear what the surgeon has to say.
 
There are some of us who are not happy at the one year mark but do improve in the second year, I am one of them, I hope you will be also.

Many members can’t kneel. Personally it doesn’t bother me that I can’t, but I know many wish they could.

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.
 
@Sue0725,
It does sound like you are doing much better at the one year mark. Many congrats! I was just curious whether you continued using the pool for stretching, exercise and/ or swimming? I am a bit past the eight month mark and found that - if I go every day to the pool and stretch and swim about an hour, the knee often feels better. However, if I miss a few days, I have that same inner knee pain and muscle tightness that you describe.
I am just so happy to read that around the seventh month it appears you began to feel genuinely better. Makes me feel I have room to still improve.
Good luck to you!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom