THR THR hopefully in January

Got my steroid injection in my left knee today, but holy moly was my right hip barking the entire time thanks to no longer being able to take Meloxicam. I've found (oddly?) that the best way to walk (even with a cane) is to take pretty large strides with my right leg, ensuring that the heel touches first. I don't know whether all the soft tissues have just given out after all of the compensating. I haven't found that Tramadol gives a lot of relief, but I will be taking it from now on.

It very really good to say to my surgeon, "See you Tuesday!" I cannot wait. He told me that he will be doing a mini-posterior approach, so I'm starting to read up on that. I'm glad that I've done most of the serious prep work around the house already--now really just need to do laundry and tidy up. I think I can manage those few things.

(the report on the left knee was pretty ugly--"tricompartmental osteoarthritis preferential to the lateral compartment where there is bone-on-bone contact.Intra-articular bodies project posteriorly." But that's for a different forum! :) Going to try to make it through the summer and get the knee done in the fall.

Hope the other folks who are in the final stretch before Go Time are hanging in there!

Best Wishes tomorrow!
On your way to bionic, Jamie Sommers :wink:
Please join us on the bright side when you're feeling up to it.
We'll have Recovery Guidelines to share and encouragement to offer. See you on the Hip Recovery forum soon!
@jamie_sommers

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Cocoabean
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom