TKR The new knee<


I’ve found the bike the best thing as it’s enjoyable and a constant motion that does help me massively
The squats I only do at the class as I’m very wary of them.

Thank you for the comments tho
 
You don't have to do the squats at all. Just pretend to do them or don't do them at all. You have the right to say whatever you do with your body!
 
A lot of people who come here haven't been told how long this recovery takes. That's a shame, because expecting to recover faster sets you up for worry and frustration.

It is a year-long recovery, but you will feel almost back to normal long before that. If you think of recovery as a race, it's more like a marathon than a sprint, so you have to pace yourself.
It's worth it in the end, though.

I'm glad your DVTs are being treated and I'm glad BoneSmart has been able to help you.

I totally agree with what you say,
I think the recovery time and the journey that goes with it are not relayed with as much gusto as it should be, that’s certainly how it was for me.
It’s an emotional hard journey that every one who does it should be proud of what they achieve
 

That’s true, but Alrhough im wary I Also like the challenge of pushing myself and when i have supervision with me that’s the time I feel confident.

I know some don’t agree with the physio side so early,
My experience in my class is that on my first visit, I walked in there very worried about what my knee would do and in fact my mind too,
The ladies there coaxed me quite gently and by the end of the first session I felt like I had gained a lot personally in confidence and although I would stop short of saying miraculous, I can honestly say they made me feel that I could do this.
It’s been really pleasing to see others go through that same mood swing on my subsequent visits.

There are a Lot of nice people out there and on here that help more than they know
 
It’s an emotional hard journey that every one who does it should be proud of what they achieve
Some people are worried about the way their scars look. I'm not. The way I look at it, that scar shows what I can do and what I've have been through. We all should be proud of surviving this journey!
 
The ladies there coaxed me quite gently and by the end of the first session I felt like I had gained a lot personally in confidence and although I would stop short of saying miraculous, I can honestly say they made me feel that I could do this.
It's really good to hear that the physios were gentle and encouraging. That's how they should be but, unfortunately, many are not. They take a rigid and rather bullying approach that can be demoralising for their patients.

Your type of physio is the type you want to have.
 
It can be very trial and error to learn what is a good challenge and what is overdoing. Just keep listening to your knee.It will tell you if you push yourself too hard.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom