Ted Hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazzaap

Hi all

I have decided this weekend to try and wear my Ted Hose to see if it will help my swollen right foot, after a suggestion from Jamie so thanks for that Jamie.

I was just wondering if they are a little tight does that do more harm than good they seem to cut in me a little around the ankle area, before anyone says get a bigger pair (lol) i do believe i have the biggest as i did have very swollen legs after op. I would hate to cut off my circulation.

My right knee the one that i have a blood clot behind seems to be really struggling i have a very sore spot that almost makes me start limping again which really upsets me as i try so hard not to. I go around work saying to myself heal, toe, heal, toe which i am sure you are all familiar with i have warned everyone at work i am not mad. I try just to walk normal and push through the pain barrier but not sure if that is right either. My left is perfect not any problems at all. Anyway i go to my OS on Wednesday so will be asking some questions.

Cheers
Kazzaa

Kazzaa - Can you adjust them so they are not cutting around the ankle at all? Sometimes I felt like mine were choking me but, of course, they weren't.

I went to Walgreen's and got some nylon stocking looking support hose that did help with the swelling. They had lots of sizes there and they were not very expensive. I think you could get them from the internet too. Kelly

Kelly is right. If your TEDs hose are cutting into your skin, that is not good and I suggest that you go to the drugstore and purchase some support hose made specifically for improving circulation. They have both knee and thigh high ones...even colors so you can wear them under slacks.

Thanks for that guys i might just pay a visit to our Chemist and see how i go wow different colors would be great especially for work.

Cheers
Kazzaa

Good! Too tight can actually cause swelling! :WINK1:

I still wear my support hose and TED hose. They help swelling for me. I too had a blood clot. I get mine at a medical supply store on the internet.

I wore my TED hose all day yesterday and they have done wonders for my foot so i will keep perservering thank you all for that advice it is much appreciated. I did go to the Chemist though and asked the pharmacist about the cutting in and he had a look and said he wouldn't have been too concerned as it didn't look that bad and my toes where fine i didn't have any pins and needles.

Many thanks
Kazzaa

This sounds funny but when I wear my Spanx:blush: an undergarment for a smooth fit under knits and my support hose I have much less swelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Hyde
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom