Revision THR Surgery completed. I have crossed over.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I wanted to give a week 10 update. To be honest, I am now on to my back and working on the other issues in the left hip. My lumbar has gotten bad and its becoming hard to tell whether the pains are hip or back. I want to say that all of you were right and my right hip revision is doing just fine and we will start doing more things to ensure I have good ROM in 2 weeks. I have very little pain in the right hip unless I overdo it but even then its nothing really. The PT is working on the scar tissue because its a little knotty and he does a great job getting that out.

I now have to deal with 1 herniated and 2 bulging lumbar discs and hope the AVN and Labral tear in my left hip will hold for a while so I don't need LTHR too soon. I did a core decompression in 2010 and its really held up well. Not sure why all of this has happened to me but I have to think God will get me through this. I am grateful that my right hip revision was a success and for those about to do it, please DO NOT treat this like a normal THR. It doesn't have to be painful but its simply a more complex surgery and while you will not be in agony you will most likely not be moving around in 3 weeks like you did after the initial surgery.

So, I see the neurosurgeon next week and I hope he sees a way to treat this back without surgery. The last one ordered shots and PT but a year later I am still in pain and that left hip is still playing tricks on me.

Thanks!
 
My lumbar has gotten bad and its becoming hard to tell whether the pains are hip or back.
As a person who has suffered with lumbar pain for years - my sympathies! In my experience my first THR did aggravate my back issues but with the help of a good PT and Osteopath my back pain is now tolerable. That said, many people find that THR resolves nagging back pain. To stay off that sore hip you are tilting your pelvis and not really walking correctly. THR resolves the hip issues and the pelvis balances back.

Good luck at your neuro appointment. Do let us know what he recommends.
 
Hey folks!
week 14 and right hip revision is doing great! I have started acupuncture for holistic pain relief and find that its helping with the aches of the scar tissue in addition to other areas of my body.

SO, guess what? My left hip started hurting like crazy Thursday and I scheduled an apt and the surgeon did an xray which shows the collapse is starting and I decided to schedule the surgery ASAP.

TLHR is scheduled for Dec 17. Guess I need a new thread. Having AVN, I am kind of relieved to get this over with
 
xray which shows the collapse is starting and I decided to schedule the surgery ASAP
I just went through the same issue @Greg and I can confirm the recovery is so much easier the quicker you get this done. The difference between my LTHR and RTHR is like night and day. Not letting things get to the major collapse stage really does benefit your recovery. Well done on scheduling #2!
 
@Greg

Wow what a journey you have had over the last 4 years! Good for you for staying on top of the pain in your left hip; otherwise you could have had a total collapse. Just think you will be starting 2015 with two new bionic hips!

Good luck

Cheryl
 
Your second THR will be here before you know it Greg - then you truly will be bionic. :)
 
Stick with this thread please.


And good for you for cracking on and getting that hip fixed!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom