Surgery around the corner

:yawn: Hopefully you'll show up half asleep and go back to sleep soon after you get there.:giggle:
Sounds like you are first up. You are going to do fine.:ok:

@Cecropia you crack me up :rotfl: I hope you had some interruption from your boredom.

Thank you guys for the reminders to not let the circular thinking get to me. I got my arrival time for Thursday, 5am ugh. I am not an early bird.

Hi, I’m 43 and getting my left hip replacement today! Actually waiting now for them to call me back. Wish you lots of luck tomorrow
Tara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, ha, @Chaotic--think positive. A 5:00 AM arrival means maybe you'll still be half asleep so maybe more relaxed than if you had to wait for later in the day. Give me an early morning arrival any day, although admittedly I'm a morning person (although not 5:00 AM morning person!) One more day to go--hang in there!

Happy Wednesday! Only one day to go.
Five o' clock in the morning is not a bad thing. You won't have hours of anxiety to deal with and if you're tired, you're going to take a little nappy anyway. :sleep: It's all good!
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful day as you await tomorrow.
@Chaotic

@Tarajeane GOOD LUCK!!! I can't wait to hear all about recovery. Thanks ladies, the other good thing I thought of with the 5am arrival time, I won't have time to miss my coffee, I don't start looking for it until about 8 and well, I'll be otherwise indisposed :)

Good luck tomorrow @Chaotic , will be thinking of you as we're heading to the airport for our mini vacay! At least you get to take a short nap! :rotfl:
Seriously, will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best. You've got this!

Good luck tomorrow. It will be a relief to have it over. I noticed I could focus on the future and my mind cleaned out and let new thoughts come in. Sort of like out with the old and in with the new. There was some comfort in that...:SUNsmile:

Bye bye hip pain:yes!:
Never regretted getting this done.
Will be looking for you on the Healing Side!:) :-) (:

Thank you all so much! We are here bright and early and my hip has cooperated with quite a night of pain our with the old and in with the new! Thank you so much for the well wishes, you make a girl feel special. Your support is so helpful

Wishing you the best today. I am looking forward to being on the other side too.

Sending positive thoughts and wishes your way, @Chaotic--today's the big day, hope it all goes smoothly and you're waking up "on the other side" with a happy smile and no pain.

Hello :hi:
Assuming you're out of surgery by now and all went off without a hitch.
I hope you're resting comfortably. We'll look forward to hearing from you on the Recovery side when your feeling up to it.
Hugs & Happy healing!
@Chaotic

Surgery went great yesterday, not in too much pain and can already notice an improvement with pain compared to before the surgery. I walked three times yesterday after surgery and today had physical therapy. My pain in at a 3 mostly stiffness and discomfort. My leg is also very swollen but def happy!
Tara

@Tarajeane I am so pleased your surgery went well! It’s amazing the difference in protocol. I am on the other side (I did it!!!) really wasn’t sure I would. But I had full bed rest yesterday as the kept the epidural in until the middle of the night. Then this morning right off the bat they had me sitting up and then walking. I was able to do everything they wanted so I’m home now! I am so glad to get to sleep in my own bed tonight. When I’m walking the pain is somewhat substantial. But the more I walk the less it becomes.

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes! I made it through just like you said I would. My surgeon is excellent so I was in great hands. The nurses and hospital staff were amazing, even the dood was incredible. I felt really well taken care of.

Glad to hear you were able to go home and sleeping in your own bed! I feel the same, a lot of stiffness and very swollen but the more I walk the better I feel. I start PT on Monday and am excited for it. I’m ready for the healing!!:)

Hi @Chaotic
It's nice to see your post and read how well you're doing.
Please start a thread on the Hip Recovery side where we'll leave you the Recovery Guidelines.
You'll get many more responses over there geared toward healing and recovery.
Hope to see you over there soon. Wishing you a comfortable evening!

It's nice you are home. I always found no matter how good the hospital and staff, there is no place like home and much quieter than hospitals.

How long did everyone use the walker before going to cane? My leg still feels too weak to go without it. I’m three days post
Tara

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
galvesean
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts