THR Suggestions for pain where the incision was

Hi @gld2pan
You'll notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

Even though it's been a while since you lat posted, we'd like to keep your story all in one place.
This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just post what you would like it to be and we'll change it for you.

i'm sorry you're still having pain in your scar.
Have you tried massaging it gently, with a moisturizing cream? Often, touching and massaging the scar can help to de-sensitize it.
 
I had posterior. I'm not sure if its the scar. Just know its around the general area towards top of leg on outside. Guess I'll try some of the exercises given after surgery. Continue with ointment and oral Alive. Hopefully by my 2 year check up it will all be a distant memory. :)
 
I'd go with what @RinTinTin said. A good massage therapist (for example Hellerwork) can break up scar tissue and realign fascia layers. It's not a feel good massage, it's more like torture at first.
 
Back
Top Bottom