Toes Stress fracture right foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jockette I saw the podiatrist last week, and was healed enough to get out of the boot. I started wearing good fitting shoes all the time to support my foot. I hate wearing shoes!
Thank you for your support. I hope you get resolution regarding your knee.

I’m not crazy about shoes either, but I have to admit that my foot is happier in my Abeo Balboa sandals!

Now that it’s cold I’m wearing the Abeo Crescent sandals in black. They don’t go between the toe so I am able to wear black socks with them for some warmth. My foot has accepted this arrangement. My mind has not! Socks with sandals??? :yikes: I never thought I’d see the day! I feel so tacky. I used to be cute and somewhat stylish. :rotfl:

But it is what it is.

I’m glad you’re coming along. :yay:

Hi, @Mutti3 :wave:
How’s your foot doing these days?

Not healing that great. Been out of the boot since November, but it’s tender, and occasionally painful. I have an PCP appointment this Friday,. Will mention I need a MRI of that foot. Thank you for asking @Jockette. I sometimes feel recovery from the total knee has been more predictable than this foot!

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that. That’s just not fair after doing so well with your knee.

Hi @Mutti3

My bad foot has gotten worse and now I have the addition of some rather intense heel pain, so I saw a foot doctor today. He told me my beloved sandals are part of my problem and he’d really love for me to be able to find a good supportive sneaker to wear. :bawl:

You know I feel the same way about any shoe as you do.

Did you get an MRI of your foot yet? My dr today said he wants to do an MRI but insurance won’t cover it until we do some conservative treatment first. I have one stretch to do 3x a day, and a splint to wear one hour every evening. In addition to plantar fasciitis he said I also have posterior tibial tendinitis. :bawl:

@Jockette
I have had plantar fasciitis in the past. Found out if I wear dress shoes with even a 1 inch heel, it caused my right foot to swell. So I wear the walking boot while sitting with my feet down during work. It really lessen the discomfort. Decided to forgo a mri for now. I always had some type of foot issue. I wear an over the counter orthotics with a metatarsal pad in my sneakers.
Returned to the gym,using the stationary and treadmill. Walking outside on concrete, the or street is too harsh for my feet!

Returned to the gym,using the stationary and treadmill. Walking outside on concrete, the or street is too harsh for my feet!
So your foot is doing better then? That’s good.

I would like to get the MRI. No one has offered me one and I’ve had a problem with this foot for 6 years. This doctor hopes to figure it out and help me fix it.

@Jockette
I have to wear supportive shoes, or the walking boot. It is better, but it will swell if I wear heels. My feet are my “trouble area” not my knees! I have fallen metatarsal on the right, Morton Neroma surgery on the left. I realized there are very little “ fixing” for feet problem. I would never allow any surgery on my feet again, the recovery was longer than my knee replacement!

I am very leary of any surgery on my foot. It will be a last resort.

I guess I will go shopping and see what I find as far as sneakers go. :bawl:What brand do you like? Is your over the counter orthotic the full length of your shoe?

My sandals are very supportive, in my opinion, but not in the doctor’s opinion.

Follow up report: my right foot seem to feel “weak”, like a sprained . It would slight swell on the lateral side if I worn an unsupported shoe. I can walk with no pain, and even go bare footed.
Decided to see the podiatrist yesterday. What a disappointment!

The visit didn’t start off right when I was told I owned $40 on my last visits. That wasn’t true. Explained the problem to the doctor when asked and he kept looking at the computer he never touch my foot! Ordered an MRI. Was trying to explain to me I must have radiculopathy of the spine.

At that moment realizing that I didn’t like his or the office approach. As I walked out the door, the receptionist said, you will pay at your next visit.

Lesson learned , if it doesn’t feel right always walk away. Very comfortable with my decision not to pursue with this podiatrist.

That is so annoying. It’s smazing how uncaring some doctors can be. Thankfully there are many to choose from.

I hope you find something to help your foot. :console2:

I've had some bad experiences with podiatrists too. But let me tell you, that if you can find a good one, they are worth their weight in gold. Over the decades I've had two good ones. So, don't give up. See if you can get a recommendation from your GP or maybe even some friends who've seen someone good. They are out there.

@Jockette
Update on my right foot. I never had the MRI of the foot because I didn’t want any follow up with that podiatrist. I called my OS office to make an appointment to see an OS who does feet. My OS only does knees and hips. This offices does not uses PA, so I will see the doctor this Monday.
Will post update Monday.

Glad I have Medicare, also scheduled cataracts surgery next month!

@Mutti3
Hi and thanks for tagging me!

So, you’re still having problems with your foot? That’s so sad after such a good knee recovery. I hope this new doctor will be good for and to you.

My foot is a bit better. I’ve had a really tough time with the night splint, I’m on my fourth different one. They all make my nerve issue worse.

I was not able to find a sneaker that worked, so I’m still in my orthotic sandals, but I rarely walk barefoot anymore, and that seems to be helping.

I cancelled the follow up appointment with the foot doctor. He doesn’t understand my nerve issue and if I can’t do what he recommends I didn’t see the point of any more appointments.

I’m am not ignoring his advice, I’m doing what I can with some of his suggestions, within the parameters of my foot’s issues.

Keep me posted on your progress!

I hope so, he is in my same practice as my OS. My husband seen him for a possible total shoulder replacement a couple of years ago. He never got it replaced. But the doctor seems kind, answers all questions throughly. As I said , I like my O.S., but he is knees and hips only.

With your foot issues, have you ever had a nerve conduction testing? I have always had some type of feet issues.
@Jockette

I had a nerve condition test done somewhere around 2010 or 11, I don’t remember. My chiropractor ordered it. It did show “something was going on” but it fell through the cracks and nothing was ever done about it. I wasn’t able to schedule an appointment with the office where I had it done, and a couple other doctors who looked at the results didn’t know what to do with it. Unbelievable as that sounds.

I saw a neurologist about it some time after and he told if it was serious it would have become serious by then, and I was overthinking it. :gaah: I didn’t see him again and I’ve managed as best I could ever since.

I wonder why I’m not fond of doctors. :doh:

@Jockette

Had my appointment with the different OS. He was nice, allowed me to talk and listened. Review the X-ray, and found it to be normal. That was expected. Ordered a MRI to be been this Friday, and follow up appointment in a week. He initially felt like 4 weeks in a boot was way too short of a time. Will get down to the bottom of this my the end of this month. Added my X-ray I took with me phone!

Attachments

• Stress fracture right foot
    4D84EE3A-FCDC-4BAF-A386-02C3A44BAD3B.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 227
What a cool X-ray!

I hope you get an answer and a solution that will not be hard to bear.

I can’t inagine having to wear a boot. We have one that my husband had to use a while ago and it weighs a ton!

I found one on amazon that I might consider if I should need one for my foot. It’s lightweight and is around $50. I hope I never need it, the nerves in that foot will be extremely upset in a any type of closed footwear.

Thanks for sharing your foot issues @Mutti3 and @Jockette.

I do see a podiatrist who is also a foot surgeon, but it is for custom orthotics (and perhaps laser nail treatment, but not now). Expensive ($460.US) but much better than OTC’s I tried, and his price includes any modifications and all followup visits.

For foot problems or injuries, I only see my OS. The conversation(s) with the OS are completely different! Much better experience. Completely different ideas for treatment and future prognosis. Much much much more knowledgeable about research into what works and what doesn’t (surgical and non-surgical).

I am going to start my own Posterior Tibial Tendinitis (PTT) thread, but I would very much like to hear more about your PTT, Jockette.
Also, the Brooks Addiction walking sneaker (size up, and if you have high insteps, get a wider width) is an excellent shoe for PTT, I have found.

Good luck, @Mutti3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back