Still having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

simba

Hi to everyone. I have not been on here for a long time, this is because I am still having problems with my hip replacement. It will be a year this March that I had my 1st operation. This went well and then problems, if you can remember.

Last November went back into hospital with another infection and this time they took the hip out and at the present time I have no hip at all. I am home, came home new years eve. I am hoping to go back and have a new one put in March this year.

I have said in the passed that I would tell anyone that is going to have this done to still go ahead with it as its still the best thing I have had done. I know I have had problems but this is so rare, so please still do it.

I will get to were I want to be soon and life still goes on and you just got to get on with life and make the most of it.:flwr:

Hello Simba, nice to hear from you but I am sorry you are still playing the waiting game. I admire your patience!

Hang in there! Please keep us updated on your progress.

God bless you, simba....you are a trooper! I know it's difficult for you right now, but I also believe you are going to get that good hip that will allow you to get back to your life. Please post whenever you can. It's so very good to hear from you.

Simba, what a lovely post! Despite your trials, you still manage to encourage others. What a trooper you are!

Hi i have been to see my consultant this week and he has told me the date they are going to put my hip back in and its not until 4th May, as you can guess i was not very happy.
It was not what i wanted to hear but cant do anything about it so just got to get on with life and make the most of it, i am going back to see him in April so lets hope he may take me in sooner.:dogkiss:

Oh rats! 3 months - that's a loooong time to wait!

I am very sorry to hear about your long wait; that is horrible. However, we will be here for you and we will be there to listen if you have questions or just to rant...and we will be there for you when you have the procedure done and reclaim your lifestyle. I have no doubt that, with your attitude, you will prevail!

Tim C.

Simba....I hope that maybe you'll get a chance for the surgery sooner. In the meantime, we're here for you, hon.

Hi, i am still without a hip and waiting to go back and see my consultant on the 11th April, i am hoping that they may take me in sooner as my CRP which measures my infection level is good and below 5.
I am so bored and fed up with not being able to do a lot and get out, the only time i can get out is with someones help. Its hard as my husbands works away all week and only back for 2 days, but most not complain to much there are people a lot worse off then me at least i still have my health and my family.
The day will come when i can do everything again and everyone who is having this operation should do it the best thing they will every do.
Will let you all know how it goes on the 11th April. Thanks for letting me rant.:WINK1:

If that's a rant, I wonder what this is :tantrum2: :th_heehee:
Time will pass and you'll be a hippy before you know it!

I agree with Jo....you are getting close now....the prize is almost within your grasp!!

simba, please do let us know how it goes on Monday. Keeping you in my thoughts!

Hi Simba

what an awful time youve had lets hope mondays op is a great sucess keep your chin up nearly there now :console:

Operation

Hi, I would just like to say that a long last i am going in next Wednesday 27th April to have my operation, 2nd stage hip replacement operation.
Hopefully all well go well and i will be up and walking about and i will be able to get back to work.:yes 4:

Good! Finally some progress for you.

bwt, you may have noticed I have moved your post in to your last thread. I would so appreciate it is you would keep all posts about your surgery and progress in the one thread. It makes it so much easier for everyone who wants to follow your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
FirstroundSAFS
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom